ad: M2Ant-1

Hamvention 2021 Update

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K8KSU, Nov 17, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. KA1YBS

KA1YBS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Let's all just plan on Dayton 2022 (and NEAR-Fest October 2021???) at this point. To all the folks who work hard year in and year out planning these hamfests... The work you folks do, deserves thanks.

The new normal sucks, and "until it mutates again"... it's really just another "strain in the A--"!

Stay calm, stay safe, enjoy the sunspots... and KILL YOUR TELEVISION :cool:

KR3DX, NJ0F and W4IJ like this.
  2. W4PG

W4PG QRZ Lifetime Member #279 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

The Lancet did not "fake" the data. The owner of the data set refused to provide access to the data so it could be confirmed. When the other authors learned of this, they requested the Lancet retract the article, which they did after doing their own investigation. This is how science works. The article was called into question very soon after publication and independent investigators were able to reveal the problem with the data set. Not the first article a scientific journal has retracted and will not be the last.

The premise of the article that the drug does not work has been confirmed in several other studies, most recently by the NEJM. Oh, the NEJM has retracted articles before so I'm sure you won't believe theirs either.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2022926

The Lancet review I posted is spot on scientifically.

..................Bob

3. AD0HT

AD0HT Ham Member QRZ Page

They published faked data with no peer review. They then used the faked data to push a political agenda.

You trust these people. I do not . They knowingly published faked, non-peer reviewed data which was defended by the lancet geniuses.

No. They are not trustworthy. Those who would use this publication to show their work, now have much to overcome. No credibility.

4. W4IJ

W4IJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

YEA!!!!!! 2021 Hamvention!!!!! I'll be there.

Re: vaccines: My mother worked for CDC for 38 years and invented the fluorescent antibody technique. She understood vaccines and made sure I got them as a child. Vaccines are not magic - they are science. Yes, some have bad if not fatal reactions (I know one), but it is a very small percentage of those that take the vaccine. Unchecked, a pathogen can decimate a population.

I will take the vaccine and accept the known short term side affects. I don't believe that the government or Bill Gates is trying to kill most of us. If I'm wrong....then OOPS! If I'm right, SEE YOU AT 2021 HAMVENTION!!!!!!!!!!

5. W4PG

W4PG QRZ Lifetime Member #279 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Your comments are pure BS. The article *WAS* peer reviewed and no one "knowingly" published fake data. I would love to see your evidence to support your comments. You are apparently living in another made-up universe.

This story has been well documented but you apparently have an agenda that does not include the truth. To be sure, several investigators notified the Lancet of problems with the data set the article used. That data set was NOT controlled by the Lancet but by one of the authors, who refused to provide access to the data. I am not so sure why that is so hard to understand or what your agenda is to refuse to acknowledge the reality of what happened. You say the Lancet "politicized" the article? I would take a long hard look in the mirror. It is YOU who want to politicize this.

As long as there are scientific journals, there will be articles that later are shown not to support what they claim. That is how science works. In this case of the Lancet, the science worked perfectly as investigators revealed problems that the Lancet later investigated and agreed were problems that invalidated the article. The Lancet fully acknowledged this and the rest is history. Had they NOT done so, then you would have a story. As such, you are simply trying to push a lie.

I will stick with the Lancet, thank you very much. And oh, by the way, hydroxychloroquine does not help COVID 19. Thought you would like to know.

Now back to the Dayton hamfest!

..................Bob

6. AD0HT

AD0HT Ham Member QRZ Page

My agenda is openness and truthfulness. And in this case, the Lancet provided neither. If you'd like a more thorough discussion, send me an email - I'm good on QRZ. :)

RE hamvention. I hope it happens, but think will will still be mired lockdowns. I will not likely be taking any vaccine in the foreseeable future.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
  7. K8HIT

K8HIT Ham Member QRZ Page

Just made reservations at a campground near Xenia for the Hamvention 2021 weekend. Like last year, the XYL and I are going even if it's cancelled. There are really nice bicycling trails throughout the area.

N9EAW likes this.
  8. WC8E

WC8E Ham Member QRZ Page

So what you're saying is YOUR wants and desires come before his. How selfish of you!

N9EAW likes this.
  9. WC8E

WC8E Ham Member QRZ Page

Well said comrade, an extra hour of electricity for you this month.

WD4ELG and N9EAW like this.
  10. WC8E

WC8E Ham Member QRZ Page

You certainly have all the buzz words and party line down pat!

N9EAW likes this.
  11. KS1C

KS1C Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the work you all do in making NEAR-Fest work. I'm looking forward to it!