ad: Radclub22-1

Hamvention 2021 Update

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K8KSU, Nov 17, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. HB9EPC

HB9EPC Ham Member QRZ Page

Bonjour,
    Nous n'avons pas le don de prévoir ce que sera demain, alors, pas de panique et voyons...
    UNE+Chris

2. AF5BR

AF5BR Ham Member QRZ Page

Look up the size of a virus ... You have to see them through a electron scanning microscope the mask you ware is useless to viruses that is why the real busy ER centers the workers ware complete bubble suite with sealed head gear and Tyvek suit That is the science anything else is to make you field good that is all

3. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

Agreed, Don't count on any vaccine as we already know of two mutations out there. Mass immunity is out best chance along with treatments for those already ill. Can't get there living in fear. No trust in the political class and AMA when I have direct knowledge of them knowingly moving the infected into care homes like the soldiers home here in Ma. Holyoke let it happen while Chelsea was threatened for refusing. Doctors who stood up were crucified. Were being played and only when I think of to what end do I fear at all.

4. W4PG

W4PG QRZ Lifetime Member #279 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

This is not true.

The virus does not move around by itself. It latches on to tiny droplets of water from your respiratory system to move from person to person. Masks block those droplets and that is how they effectively reduce the risk of transmission. Block the droplets, you block the virus. It cannot move into your respiratory system on its own. And THAT is the science of how it moves from person to person.

Come into my hospital when I am rounding. EVERYONE is required to wear a mask, and for good reason. I even have an N95 on covered with a regular surgical mask. Every little bit helps.

..................Bob

VE3WF likes this.
  5. W4PG

That didn't work so well in Sweden and your "theory" has been debunked by numerous folks. Mass immunity?? Requires about 70% or more of the population. Do the math. That would mean millions of unnecessary deaths.

The vaccine is proven to work well. Indeed, there are now at least 4 with very good results thus far.

...............Bob

6. N1IPU

The death rates per age group show that those in danger are majority elderly or infirm. Protect those people and increase treatment options. Over time we will see mass immunity. We are still early in finding effective treatments so over time the death rate will decrease. Of course if hospitals weren't monetized to declare motorcycle deaths as covid we might have more accurate numbers to work with.

W4IJ likes this.
  7. W4PG

Another conspiracy theory that is not true. You do know I am a physician treating COVID patients, right?

.............Bob

K0UO and KC2PMM like this.
  8. W4PG

9. N1IPU

You do know that the term "conspiracy theory" was created by the CIA in 68' expressly to curtail discussion on various subjects? I know your a doctor but who knows about this is the medical record clerks. Happen to have one I taught to fly who confirmed that they are billing covid like crazy absent confirmation and why they are doing it. You can write up whatever you want as a doctor but the billing codes got through a different department. Pretty sure anyone who checked their billing after a hospital procedure knows the score.

WD4ELG, AA5UN and K9GLS like this.
  10. KA7RRA

KA7RRA Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm[planning on driving o Dayton ,from Washington State,about 2 weeks after Dayton I'm going to SeaPAC in Seaside Oregon I don't know if I'm going to come home 1st or just take a slow trip to Seaside.

11. WD4ELG

WD4ELG Ham Member QRZ Page

Regardless of the debate here, I want to thank you Bob....for all that you do,

K8HIT likes this.
  12. W1RC

W1RC Subscriber QRZ Page

The DARC is absolutely correct to plan for Hamvention 2021 now because they need this much time to do it. Whether or not it can actually be held remains to be seen. However if they don’t start planning well in advance like now they are admitting defeat before they have to.

You can’t just give up and roll over......

KR3DX, WN1MB, K0UO and 1 other person like this.
  13. N1IPU

Just got through reading this one. https://touchstoneconnect.com/2020/...-of-death-according-to-john-hopkins-medicine/

So considering that medical errors are the third leading cause of death in the US, what makes you think I should trust most any info the medical establishment is feeding us? Being politicized early in the game just leaves me at zero on the trust scale.

W4IJ likes this.
  14. KB9BVN

KB9BVN Ham Member QRZ Page

I have absolutely zero faith in anything the Mass Media and the Local Media has to say about anything. I have even less faith in anything that comes out of DC.

15. AD0HT

AD0HT Ham Member QRZ Page

The Lancet is not a credible source. The "story" you linked to may in fact be credible, but association with the lancet publication diminishes any presumed credibility, and includes the possibility that the article is entirely made up - don't know, will not click on lancet based links.

Took months for them to retract faked data from a fake source(s):

Excerpt of retraction that finally came after force. To bad they did not vet the "fake story" before publishing it.

“Today, three of the authors of the paper, ‘Hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine with or without a macrolide for treatment of COVID-19: a multinational registry analysis”, have retracted their study,” The Lancet said in a retraction statement Thursday. “They were unable to complete an independent audit of the data underpinning their analysis. As a result, they have concluded that they ‘can no longer vouch for the veracity of the primary data sources.”

Then - This faked data was used for political purposes:

One excerpt of many:

"Dr Birx says The Lancet study “very clearly “ shows the danger of taking hydroxychloroquine as a Covid-19 medicine. As President Trump is doing and promoting to the country. She did not stay for follow up questions.

— Sebastian Smith (@SebastianAFP) May 22, 2020

All based on faked lancet data. This went on for months an is still referenced by the poorly read and uneducated.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020