ad: elecraft

Hamvention 2021 Update

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K8KSU, Nov 17, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

Again if your worried take the vaccine. It's none of your business what others do. They have the right to measure the risks and decide.

K8XG, KD2WA, IK2ODD and 1 other person like this.
  2. KE4ITL

KE4ITL Ham Member QRZ Page

When it comes to my life, my personal well being and personal safety, you had absolutely better believe that I am looking out for me. That may sound selfish and self centered, but please tell me exactly WHO is going to look out for me if I do not?

If I take the vaccine - one that has been RUSHED to production - and have an adverse reaction, are you going to come help me live whatever life that I have left? Are you going to make up the difference between Social Security Disability and my salary if I can not work? If I die, will you support my family? You don't have to answer, because I know the answer is NO. If you think the Government or the vaccine manufacturer would do so, I have a bridge perfectly suitable for running long dipoles that is for sale.

FWIW, I read about one set of vaccine trials that were suspended when the test subjects' spines swelled. No thank you. I'm old enough to know that sometimes the cure is worse than the disease.

What is "disgusting" is your willingness to attack ANYONE who disagrees with you for what they believe are valid reasons.

Again, I've had Covid-19 and lived. I'm not afraid if it. But if you are afraid, take the vaccine. If you aren't afraid, then don't take it. That's a personal choice that everyone needs to make, not have made for them. But don't criticize anyone for their choices or what they believe.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    KD2WA, N8FM, KN4SKF and 2 others like this.
  3. W0AEW

W0AEW Ham Member QRZ Page

This article pretty much sums up the idiocy.

W7RY, NG9F and K4FMH like this.
  4. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

No, it sums up your beliefs. No science there.

5. K4FMH

K4FMH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Dear Michael Kalter,

Thank you and your team for all the due consideration you've given to planning Hamvention in 2021. This is the prudent set of choices. We are not "free" to infect others no matter what our views happen to be regarding the role of personal freedom in the United States. The Public Health Service is there to give scientific guidance. They do that. Hamvention otherwise would no doubt be a super, super-spreader event. I hope to make it with my podcast team in 2021. 73!

6. WG8Z

WG8Z Ham Member QRZ Page

Some light bulbs glow brighter than others, some don't glow at all.
    Masking out of respect for my fellow man.

K4FMH likes this.
  7. W9AWX

W9AWX Ham Member QRZ Page

Nobody is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to go. Whether or not you choose to go is your choice. Whether they allow you in for not following the rules of the convention is their choice.

8. W9YW

W9YW Moderator Emeritus QRZ Page

I'm going to the Hamvention, if I can get a vaccine by then. Why?

I've volunteered for the past few years. I will do so again if they need me.

As regards being forced to take a vaccine, it's up to you, but if you can stop at a stop sign, you can get a vaccine. Driving a vehicle and stopping at an intersection correctly marked is a civil act. So also is the vaccine. We are not a herd, and that's what makes us civil. Civility is a virtue, rising above our vulnerable animal origins. Those that can't do this make me fearful of our future. Somehow we forgot we're all human animals, but by convention, we stop at a stop sign or take the consequences. Animals don't understand consequences.

There is no slavery in a mask, there is respect for the humanities and vulnerabilities of others. Slavery is something else entirely. Read about it; slavery is no fun, a lifetime of toil with no choice, You have a choice; stay home and prevent infection to others. If you must be in public, please prevent your own infection and spreading it to others. It's as easy as stopping at a stop sign.

73 Tom W9YW

K0UO, KC2PMM and WJ4U like this.
  9. W5CJA

W5CJA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

So, is this an amateur radio forum or a political one?

KD2WA and WJ1MK like this.
  10. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Oooo!

LIKE yer CALL!

Chip W1YW

W9YW likes this.
  11. KC9ONY

KC9ONY Ham Member QRZ Page

Guess I missed it, but did they say in the video that you needed proof of vaccination
    to enter Hamvention?

12. N9EAW

N9EAW Ham Member QRZ Page

How does it apply here?

KE4ITL states he’s already recovered from Covid, which would indicate the presence of antibodies that could protect him better than the vaccine.

The self-appointed “Scientists” forcing him to relent missed that point.

This ongoing nanny-fied monologue practiced by more and more of us is getting old, and condescending. Let’s stop promoting this fear of living. Quarantine yourself if at risk, and stop looking to Govt. to completely take over our lives. If we keep begging for it, they will oblige.

AL7A, N8FM, KK9W and 7 others like this.
  13. W5CJA

W5CJA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

On a ham radio forum? Go find a chat room for this, please.

N8AFT, WJ1MK and KE4ITL like this.
  14. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

No thanks.

IK2ODD likes this.
  15. W8OMI

W8OMI Ham Member QRZ Page

Lets hope for a Hamvention for 2021 but only if a vacine is available> I cant afford to get covid 19 as I will be 73 and have diabetes.Jeean W8OMI

K0UO, KC2PMM and W1YW like this.