ad: Schulman-1

Hamvention 2021 Update

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K8KSU, Nov 17, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K8KSU

K8KSU Ham Member QRZ Page

DX Engineering was live with Rick Allnut, WS8G and Michael Kalter, W8CI to give a Hamvention 2021 update on this weeks episode of Tuesdays with Tim and Jeff.

K3LR, W8CI, WS8G.PNG

KD5OM, VA3YYX, N8WXT and 6 others like this.
  2. N2NUT

N2NUT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Great news. Thanks much for all you do for the hobby.

K4FMH likes this.
  3. W5JON

W5JON Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for the update, and all you do.... see you in May.

K4FMH likes this.
  4. K8XG

K8XG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Quick Note; yes due to Vaccines they plan to have a real Hamvention in person in 2021.

WB3EYB and K4FMH like this.
  5. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for the info

6. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes Virginia, there IS a 2021...

Its NOT cancelled:)

KB0QIP, K4FMH and K0UO like this.
  7. KJ4PF

KJ4PF Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry for the loss of your QTH & equipment. Some will agree with you-some won't. At my advanced age & medical problems...I'll take the shot.
    And the only other thing I can say is..."Their game-THEIR rules." If we don't like it, we don't have to play.
    Hope to see you at Dayton! (As I will always know it.)

K4FMH likes this.
  8. W1RC

W1RC Subscriber QRZ Page

We have planned our New England regional fest, NEAR-Fest XXIX, for April 30th and May 1st 2021 as well as NEAR-Fest XXX for October 15th and 16th 2021. Of course, it is premature to speculate now on whether or not they will actually take place. Many of our staff and attendees are over sixty years of age and “high risk” so everyone’s health and safety are paramount. This must be our first consideration.

Hopefully circumstances will permit the shows to go on and there will be sufficient time to allow the vaccines now being developed to be widely distributed so as to allow for everyone involved to have received their shots. However it beings up an interesting issue.

The idea of whether or not anyone participating will require proof of vaccination in order to attend a Dayton, a NEAR-Fest or other similar event is a thorny issue and we have not had any discussions on this subject. The concept appears similar to requiring everyone to wear a mask but because physical injections of medication into the body are involved it is more invasive and thus a far more complex a concept.

Should public health over-ride personal freedom? I see both sides of this argument.

Visit www.near-fest.com.

Mister Mike, W1RC

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    KS1C and KA1BSZ like this.
  9. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you, I just lost antennas and a couple of baluns. Rotator survived. I have a couple of temps up for now but working on a new QTH.
    My issue is taking a vaccine is a choice. The way it's playing out is it's being demanded and the list is growing. In my understanding of vaccines they protect the person from covid. They do not prevent the spread. So forcing people to take it to be accepted into society is a problem for me. So long personal choice and rights to refuse exist.
    I have no issue with anyone who wants to take it. But following the politburo's advice is different from being forced to.

KB0QIP, AL7A, WJ1MK and 1 other person like this.
  10. N9LCD

N9LCD Ham Member

Anybody want to make book that the Hamvention DOESN'T take place?

Scrubbed by the authorities as a mass virus spreading event?

Considering the mentality of DARA, I'm not really shocked that they're planning to go ahead in 2021.

If Hamvention is scrubbed, I'd really be interested to see how many $$$ they're out -- IF they're transparent and admit o taking the tube.

KA3QOT, K9GLS and K0UO like this.
  11. KM4FDM

KM4FDM Ham Member QRZ Page

but hospitals are empty! Nurses are being asked to take time off. the shutdown and not letting people with other sickness into the hospital is what is killing people.

K8XG, KD2WA and K9GLS like this.
  12. W0AEW

W0AEW Ham Member QRZ Page

FreeDumb.

K8VHL, KH6FA, WA8FOZ and 1 other person like this.
  13. NK9Y

NK9Y Ham Member QRZ Page

After more than a year of battling the big C, and shut in at home because even the common cold could be a death sentence, I'll take the shot. By Hamvention, I should finally be cleared to lift more than 10 pounds, so Ohio, here I come!

K4FMH likes this.
  14. KE4ITL

KE4ITL Ham Member QRZ Page

If you want to put a vaccine in your body that has been rushed into production, with no recourse if things go wrong, for the good of society, go right ahead. I learned long ago never to be an early adopter of anything. I don't plan on getting the vaccine. And for what its worth, I had Covid-19 already and am still alive.

If that means I am not worthy enough to attend a hamfest, oh well.

KA3QOT, KD2WA, NF6E and 1 other person like this.
  15. W0AEW

W0AEW Ham Member QRZ Page

You just can't seem to grasp anything beyond your big "I". Talk about smug arrogance and disregard for anyone except your own personal wants and desires!

Disgusting.

KH6FA and WA8FOZ like this.