Hamvention 2021 Cancelled

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W8HJR, Jan 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
  1. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi John,

Then stick with masks.

Ultimately we all save ourselves, and a simple knowledge of biology and the human respiratory system is sufficient to warrant use of masks. I was wearing one back in February, when the CDC said not to...

I wear a mask so OTHER people don't get sick. The theoretical prospect of killing anyone by inadvertantly spreading a virus shakes me to the core. Your opinion may differ.

Hope y'all stay well.:)

73 Chip W1YW

NG9F, K7LZR, AJ6KZ and 2 others like this.
  2. WD4ELG

WD4ELG Ham Member QRZ Page

Amen, Chip. I have enough latent residual guild from my earlier days. I don't need any more of that. If I caused someone else to get sick or die because of me, I could not handle it.

NG9F, AJ6KZ, WA8FOZ and 1 other person like this.
  3. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Jeff,

I am 'caving' in NH the next little while, but if you still need MA for WAS by the end of Jan, drop me an email and I will make a sked.

Chip W1YW

K4WH likes this.
  4. W6IR

W6IR Ham Member QRZ Page

It's no wonder that they called those that lived through WWII the greatest generation. This generation couldn't all pull in the same direction even though their lives depend on it.

K4WH, WA5VGO, K7LZR and 5 others like this.
  5. KF5LJW

KF5LJW Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, at least we can speak freely without censorship. :rolleyes:

KJ4YQK, K4XJ and NX1V like this.
  6. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Please - this is the "Amateur Radio News" forum.... try to keep the thread about the Hamvention. We have more than a dozen threads on all aspects of Covid "generically"... including more than a few in "Just Talking - Political" where political commentary is welcome.

This is not one of those threads. Anyone taking this article into politics may find themselves no longer able to post in the thread.

It's not "censorship" - it's simply per the Code of Conduct that all users agree to when creating their accounts here.

Thanks!

Dave
    W7UUU

K4WH, AJ6KZ, KD8DWO and 3 others like this.
  7. KB0TTL

KB0TTL Ham Member QRZ Page

As if we couldn't just have a bunch of masks printed up that say 73 on them, and take our chances.

KC0KEK and WA8MEA like this.
  8. W2CSI

W2CSI Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry, to hear it!

9. N1IPU

N1IPU Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Your on your own, Good Night.

10. W8OTR

W8OTR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If mask work whats the problem !

W7RY, AJ6KZ, KB0TTL and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.