ad: Radclub22-1

Hamvention 2019 Attendance Up

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W8HJR, Jul 16, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. WA4KFZ

WA4KFZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Excellent news indeed! Kudos to Jack WB8SCT.

2. K0CKK

K0CKK Ham Member QRZ Page

Just curious if anyone has any idea why such a drop in attendance roughly during the years of 2004 to 2010? Glad to see that it has picked up significantly since then. Was it something about the show itself or the hobby-related?

2004: 19,869
    2005: 20,411
    2006: 20,324
    2007: 19,318
    2008: 17,250
    2009: 18,877
    2010: 19,750

3. AC8JF

AC8JF Ham Member QRZ Page

The problem with Hara Arena, in a nutshell, was that it fell into a downward spiral of too few events and not enough maintenance. The Wampler family lost the property when they couldn't pay taxes on it. Now it's beyond repair, after being directly in the path of a tornado. I went to the last few Hamventions at Hara and the first two in Xenia. Despite teething pains the first year, the difference was like night and day. The Greene County Fairgrounds staff has gone all out to make Hamvention a success, and it shows.

4. N8ARB

N8ARB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I was there for two days.

5. KC9ONY

KC9ONY Ham Member QRZ Page

So, how is attendance determined? Is it the number of tickets sold?
    There wasn't a turnstile to go through. What if someone buys a
    ticket and doesn't show up?

6. KG8ZQ

KG8ZQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Great time this year! I went Fri and Sat, using the school bus satellite parking. There were so many school buses in rotation, going and coming was a breeze. The exhibits and flea
    market were excellent. (Great weather) DARA , Greene County and all the great volunteers deserve a lot of praise. Hamvention is alive and well!