HAMVENTION 2004

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KA7RRA, May 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. KA7RRA

KA7RRA Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

How many people went to the hamvention this year at Dayton??? how did you like it/dislike it what are your thoughts on it. I have heard some talk that they might move it to Columbus Ohio. Which I think would be a good Idea the Hara arena is getting run down... Also did any body here about the great bathroom conspiracy??? I guess some of the ladies where upset that there where more men restrooms than ladies,but then there where more men than ladies at the hamvention
    KA7RRA

2. K8ERV

K8ERV QRZ Member QRZ Page

Does anyone know how many people attended? Last time I was there about 20 years ago, it was 28K. Too many.

TOM K8ERV

3. K8ERV

K8ERV QRZ Member QRZ Page

RRA: Yes, but the ladies take a LOT longer!!! [​IMG]

TOM K8ERV

4. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Maybe they should move it Iowa, where there is a 'potty parity' law. It requires that there be twice as many potties for ladies as for men. I can tell you that in spite of the slight inconvenience to me, it was wonderful living there because I never had to wait forever for my wife to get through the line at the john. I think this should be strongly considered by anybody building any kind of public facility.

5. VE3HBD

VE3HBD QRZ Member

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also did any body here about the great bathroom conspiracy???  I guess some of the ladies where upset that there where more men restrooms than ladies,but then there where more men than ladies at the hamvention[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

That's the funniest thing I've ever heard.

Most hamfests I've been to, its wishful thinking even having female restrooms at all.....

Most hams I know just leave their wife a bottle for them  as they just leave them in the car.....

6. KA7RRA

KA7RRA Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (K8ERV @ May 19 2004,11:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does anyone know how many people attended? Last time I was there about 20 years ago, it was 28K. Too many.

TOM K8ERV[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I hear there was about 32,000 this year up from last year

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Do not forget to write your anti-BPL letters,
    encourage new amateur radio participation and generally be nice
    to one another. That is all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.