ad: M2Ant-1

Hamvention® 2019 Award Winners Announced

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K8KSU, Mar 13, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KB8UUZ

KB8UUZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

On behalf of the Portage County Amateur Radio Service (PCARS), the 2018 Hamvention (R) Club of the Year - our CONGRATULATIONS to all of the 2019 winners !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Tom, KB8UUZ
    PCARS Newsletter Editor

W1CBD likes this.
  2. W5JON

W5JON Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Doug, I have sent several Emails to your QRZ address, about the original W5MIL, but have not received a reply to any of them. Is your Email good on QRZ. 73, John W5JON

3. AB1NS

AB1NS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Mike,
    I was born and raised in New Jersey, no offense here. Thanks for your efforts.

Tom, AB1NS
    Nashua Area Radio Club

4. AC1EV

AC1EV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Around 11 months ago I struck up a conversation with a fellow ham in the HRO in Salem, NH. I mentioned to him that I was a new ham and was studying for my Amateur Extra exam. He told me that his ham club, Nashua Area Radio Society, had a 3 day boot camp that started the next Friday and I should enroll for the course. I took his advice and by the next Sunday I passed the exam and became an Extra! I was impressed with the course and the people, so joined the club. New to the hobby, I did not fully participate in all of the activities the club had to offer, but still participated in Field day, operated as K2K during the 13 Colonies contest (the club came in first place for Club category) helped run a GOTA station at the NEARfest where the club had an extensive display and demonstration attended by 100 + local high school students. Videoed the launch of a High Altitude Balloon, also attended by many school students. My personal station is a modest one, but through the club I have been able to operate on a world class station, most recently during the ARRL International DX Contest. I am grateful for the strong leadership and enthusiastic membership and warm welcome and support given by all this year. I feel the club has given me much more than I have given it and after thinking about that realize that the same is probably true for most members. That is the beauty of many like minds working together, the resulting whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Congratulations to all of my new friends at NARS and I look forward to another great year.

K1BRM, KB1GKN, WY7YL and 1 other person like this.
  5. AC1EV

AC1EV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Around 11 months ago I struck up a conversation with a fellow ham in the HRO in Salem, NH. I mentioned to him that I was a new ham and was studying for my Amateur Extra exam. He told me that his ham club, Nashua Area Radio Society, had a 3 day boot camp that started the next Friday and I should enroll for the course. I took his advice and by the next Sunday I passed the exam and became an Extra! I was impressed with the course and the people, so joined the club. New to the hobby, I did not fully participate in all of the activities the club had to offer, but still participated in Field day, operated as K2K during the 13 Colonies contest (the club came in first place for Club category) helped run a GOTA station at the NEARfest where the club had an extensive display and demonstration attended by 100 + local high school students. Videoed the launch of a High Altitude Balloon, also attended by many school students. My personal station is a modest one, but through the club I have been able to operate on a world class station, most recently during the ARRL International DX Contest. I am grateful for the strong leadership and enthusiastic membership and warm welcome and support given by all this year. I feel the club has given me much more than I have given it and after thinking about that realize that the same is probably true for most members. That is the beauty of many like minds working together, the resulting whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Congratulations to all of my new friends at NARS and I look forward to another great year.

W1CBD likes this.
  6. W1PJE

W1PJE Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations to Dr. Nathaniel Frissell W2NAF, the 2019 Hamvention Amateur of the Year. Dr. Frissell has worked tirelessly to connect the amateur radio and professional scientific community in innovative new ways for the benefit of science and for improved knowledge about our charged upper atmosphere, and radio propagation central to our radio hobby. I forecast great things to come from his continued leadership, in the cause of advancing human understanding about our planet's atmosphere.

To learn about HamSCI and its efforts, visit its home page at http://hamsci.org .

W1CBD and KB1GKN like this.
  7. BH6PJL

BH6PJL Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations!!!

8. W2NAF

W2NAF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you Mike, Tim, Chip, Phil, and all! It is a great honor, and I am very appreciative. None of the HamSCI work would have been possible without the enthusiasm and support of the whole ham radio community. It's been great, and I look forward to much more! I hope to see many of you at the HamSCI workshop at Case Western Reserve next week!

73 de Nathaniel W2NAF

W1CBD, W1YW and WY7YL like this.
  9. WB8SCT

WB8SCT QRZ Lifetime Member #205 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Congratulations to all the Winners. You are all very deserving of the honor! Looking forward to meeting them all at Hamvention 2019
    Jack, WB8SCT

W1YW likes this.
  10. KJ8O

KJ8O Ham Member QRZ Page

I have worked Fred AB1OC a number of times in either contests or special event operations. A very good ham radio operator and my congratulations to the Nashua Area Radio Society!!!

VY 73 de Joe KJ8O

W1CBD likes this.
  11. K4OM

K4OM Ham Member QRZ Page

Nashua was buried in Kentucky, At Spendthrift Farm.

W1YW likes this.
  12. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

But the horse can do!
    :)

Nah. Nashua is a Tech hub in NH, dominated by the presence of BAE and other defense contractors.

W1CBD likes this.
  13. ZA1DD

ZA1DD Ham Member QRZ Page

SUKSESE TE METEJSHME 73
    DRINI DERVISHI
    ALBANIA
    ZA1DD