ad: wmr-1

Hamvention® 2018 Updates

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K8KSU, Jan 2, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. K8KSU

K8KSU Ham Member QRZ Page

Tim, K3LR - DX Engineering’s COO - interviews Ron, KD8ENJ and Michael, W8CI from the Dayton Amateur Radio Association (DARA).

The interview was a live stream event on Facebook during their visit to DX Engineering on December 28, 2017.

Latest updates for the Greene County Fairgrounds and Exposition Center in Xenia for Hamvention® 2018.

Ron, KD8ENJ is the Hamvention® General Chairman. Michael, W8CI is the Hamvention® Treasurer and General Spokesperson.

Hamvention® WILL be better in 2018 !!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2018
    KS6F, KA0HCP, KA3FAD and 8 others like this.
  2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Awesome:)

No more tents:)

3. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

They say that the MUD will be history!! That is the Critical point for the Hamvention to be successful, as that was the Achilles Heel for Last years event. If they can cure that, They will be WILDLY SUCCESSFUL!!!!

WA8FOZ, K9UR and K9ASE like this.
  4. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

More hotels are great too!!! Need a close in Motel 6!!!

5. NU4R

NU4R XML Subscriber QRZ Page

My QSL Card and QRZ profile picture explains why the mud was pure joy for me! BRING BACK THE MUD!!!

73 Men! Looking forward to the next one...IF I've any leftover $$$$ after HamCation!!!

WZ4K and W1YW like this.
  6. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I have to say, last year was the best Hamvention ever. Sure there were some growing pains, but there was a lot of new blood, too. It's good to break out of the rigor mortis once in a while.

W1YW, WA8FOZ and WZ4K like this.
  7. W8IXI

W8IXI Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Awesome. Stay tuned as things are only going to get better.

73, Mike

W1YW likes this.
  8. VE7YE

VE7YE Guest

"The interview was a live stream event on Facebook during their visit to DX Engineering on December 28, 2018."

?

9. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I keep saying I will make it, but I don't think 2018 will be the year, already have my limited travel plans for 2018, frivolous ham spending has to take the backseat to paying for wedding. I figure by the time I get to make it Xenia will be awesome!

10. N0LOH

N0LOH Ham Member QRZ Page

I plan to be there. I'll be the one in blue jeans, t-shirt, hat and tennis shoes.

11. KQ0J

KQ0J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Are all the ARRL Executives going to be there in an open forum answering questions on their recent hijinx?

K2XT, W6IR and KA2LIM like this.
  12. K4AGO

K4AGO Ham Member QRZ Page

Just a brief ride forward in Santa's time machine. That jet engine on the bottom that Buddy repaired does the trick!

VE7YE likes this.
  13. WA4KFZ

WA4KFZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Considering what the Hamvention team had to pull off last year, they did a phenomenal job. The new building space will be most welcome; let's hope the mud stays dry this year!

W1YW, NL7W, WA8FOZ and 1 other person like this.
  14. W7RY

W7RY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

See the link above of some poor sucker trying to get over to the other side of the flea market to pick up his MINT S-520S....

Thatl' teach him!

73 and enjoy!
    Jim W7RY

NL7W likes this.
  15. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll be there with Tom (we grew up together in Davenport, Iowa) and N2AM.
    Wearing similar, though sporting a gray "Alaska" ballcap and perhaps a callsign badge. ;)

Congrats DARA and I praise the decision of Fairgrounds management in making this community commitment -- the betterment of future Hamventions and other local expos.
    This new building should greatly improve the Xenia grounds. :)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018