HAMSTICK misery

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by WA6MHZ, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-gcopper
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KA7RRA

KA7RRA Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Have you ever thought about a little tarheel antenna? I have one and it fits on the trunk lid mount with out any problems,and I have talked all over with it

2. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll check that out, thanks!

3. W5DQ

W5DQ Guest

Sounds like you had the $300 but blew $50 of it on a piece of crap whip and a old dust collector boat anchor. Should have used the 300 bucks to put your trailer hitch on the TC and then you could have pulled a trailer on your next trip to Dayton and you and the wife could have camped out to save even more money. Ya gotta think outside the box on these money matters :)

Gene W5DQ

4. KG4NEL

KG4NEL Ham Member QRZ Page

5. WA6MHZ

That would do nicely, and add $150 for installation! (welding)
    Then you need a right angle pipe to fit in the square receiver to bring the antenna out on the side of the car, preferably the Drivers side. Gotta know someone in a metal shop that can WELD. I solder, I don't weld.

6. WA6MHZ

Also, I would NEVER even THINK of towing anything with my Town Car. The transmission works great. Tow something and it won't be good for long!

7. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

You could always install a hexbeam on the roof of the town car, then you wouldn't need to install a trailer hitch.

8. N0WYO

N0WYO Ham Member QRZ Page

Time to drill another hole, Pat.

9. N5PVL

N5PVL Ham Member QRZ Page

I wouldn't put the antenna on the trailer hitch, though...

I'd get a trailer of some kind, preferably the open kind, made of steel...

You could put an auxiliary generator on the trailer, a few batteries, a junk box with a fold-out solder station, not to mention the antenna farm you could grow there.

After a while, you would get really good at backing it up... Make sure it's a sturdy trailer, to get you through that learning period.

10. KG4NEL

KG4NEL Ham Member QRZ Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.