HAMSEXY FORUM IS DANGEROUS

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KB9YCO, Jun 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: QSOToday-1
  1. KB9YCO

KB9YCO Ham Member QRZ Page

EDIT: Just for consistency, since the original poster deleted his post instead of just deleting the entire thread, this is what was posted first:

[[[[[[[[Quote (W6LOK @ June 10 2004,05:09) ]]]]]]]]

I SIGNED UP FOR HAMSEXY FORUMS AND BAM I START GETTING SPAMMED WITH FOREIGN EMAILS TO THE EMAIL ACCOUNT I USED TO SIGN UP
    I KNOW THIS MAY SEEM LIKE I AM TRYING TO BASH THE WEB SITE BUT I AM NOT I LIKE IT BUT THEY HAVE AN EMAIL ISSUE
    DONT DO IT UNLESS YOU READ BELOW
    JUST FOR KICKS SIGN UP FOR A FREE EMAIL ACCOUNT WITH HOTMAIL OR YAHOO AND SIGN UP THERE AND SEE FOR YOURSELF!!!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Weird, I have yet to get any strange e-mails from them or from anyone else. Have you signed up for anything else recently? Otherwise, if you use Yahoo mail try changing your mail preferences so that junk mail goes into your bulk mail folder; that's always worked well for me and I don't get anything in my main inbox that I don't want. good luck, 73 - KB9YCO

2. W3BNY

W3BNY Ham Member QRZ Page

Havent gotten any more spam than usual since I signed up. I would look at what else you may have signed up for recently as well.

3. K0WVM

K0WVM Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (W6LOK @ June 10 2004,05:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I SIGNED UP FOR HAMSEXY FORUMS AND BAM I START GETTING SPAMMED WITH FOREIGN EMAILS TO THE EMAIL ACCOUNT I USED TO SIGN UP

I KNOW THIS MAY SEEM LIKE I AM TRYING TO BASH THE WEB SITE BUT I AM NOT I LIKE IT BUT THEY HAVE AN EMAIL ISSUE

DONT DO IT UNLESS YOU READ BELOW

JUST FOR KICKS SIGN UP FOR A FREE EMAIL ACCOUNT WITH HOTMAIL OR YAHOO AND SIGN UP THERE AND SEE FOR YOURSELF!!![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    CAN YOU TURN YOUR CAPSLOCK OFF, I FEEL LIKE I AM BEING YELLED AT!!

[​IMG]

Thanks!

4. KF5R

KF5R Ham Member QRZ Page

I would appreciate if you wouldn't jump the gun and go posting misinformation about the HamSexy Forums before even attempting to resolve the issue with me.

This issue HAS been resolved – we have never spammed anybody. In fact, the Forums @ HamSexy have only been online for about 24 hours. The thread is located here: http://hamsexyforums.fireradio.org/viewtopic.php?t=29

FYI - W6LOK is not in the FCC database.

Please don't talk $h|7 when you don't really know what you're talking about.

Thanks.

KF4OSS - HamSexy Forum Administrator

5. KF5R

KF5R Ham Member QRZ Page

QRZ MODS: Can we get this thread deleted now that the orignal poster has deleted his post???

Thanks.

6. K8YS

K8YS Banned QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (kf4oss @ June 09 2004,09:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would appreciate if you wouldn't jump the gun and go posting misinformation about the HamSexy Forums before even attempting to resolve the issue with me.

This issue HAS been resolved – we have never spammed anybody. In fact, the Forums @ HamSexy have only been online for about 24 hours. The thread is located here: http://hamsexyforums.fireradio.org/viewtopic.php?t=29

Thanks.

KF4OSS - HamSexy Forum Administrator[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    now, this is FUNNY! the punks at hamsexless are quick to condemn but when the shoe is on the other foot, they cannot stand to be maligned..

Glen, leave this thread! It serves to reinforce the inconsistencies.

7. KF5R

KF5R Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (K8YS @ June 10 2004,10:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (kf4oss @ June 09 2004,09:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would appreciate if you wouldn't jump the gun and go posting misinformation about the HamSexy Forums before even attempting to resolve the issue with me.

Thanks.

KF4OSS - HamSexy Forum Administrator[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    now, this is FUNNY! the punks at hamsexless are quick to condemn but when the shoe is on the other foot, they cannot stand to be maligned..

Glen, leave this thread! It serves to reinforce the inconsistencies.

[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    What inconsistencies?

The only purpose of this thread was to wrongly accuse HamSexy of sending out spam.

HamSexy does not send out spam.

The starter of this thread realized this, apologized, and even deleted his original accusation.

I don't see any inconsistencies here. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

8. K9STH

K9STH Ham Member QRZ Page

If everyone remembers the rules of the road of QRZ.com then everything will be OK. If not, then those who do not follow the rules will reap the wrath of the QRZ.com staff!

No profanity

No obscenities

No personal attacks

Glen, K9STH
    One of the QRZ.com moderators

9. VE3HBD

VE3HBD QRZ Member

Eh, just ignore this thread. It's just highlighting another reason Hamsexy exists.

Anyone who knows how PHPBB works knows that it's impossible to do what these people are claiming.

Some people jus' have no sense o' the humour, is all [​IMG]

10. KE4PJW

KE4PJW Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (VE3HBD @ June 09 2004,12:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Eh, just ignore this thread.  It's just highlighting another reason Hamsexy exists.

Anyone who knows how PHPBB works knows that it's impossible to do what these people are claiming.

Some people jus' have no sense o' the humour, is all  :D[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Um, this board is based on Ikonboard, not PHPBB. Removing a thread on either is trival if you know SQL.

I have a great sense of humor.... See :)
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.