Hams: Wives/Husbands/Significant Others

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KY5U, Apr 14, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KC3LDZ

KC3LDZ New Member QRZ Page

I'm sure I'll have more insight once more time passes since I'm newly licensed. For now, my wife seems to think it a bit nerdy but ultimately harmless. Then again, I'm only operating 2m here and there with a Baofeng and Nagoya - no mobile kit or HF home rig just yet.

2. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks to all who posted their stories. XYLs don't get enough credit.

W7ROX, KC8VWM and WZ7U like this.
  3. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Moderator Staff Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Wife stuffed money in my shirt pocket, then kicked me out of the house with specific instructions telling me to go to the hamfest this past weekend.

What was I supposed to do?

I was forced to go there against my will and everything...

W7ROX likes this.
  4. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

I wish my yl had some money... ;)

5. W7ROX

W7ROX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Poor thing, so abused! What cruelty! I hope it was enough money....

KC8VWM likes this.
  6. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Moderator Staff Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

I know !

I'm not kidding either... I have proof !

hamfest.jpg

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018 at 4:31 AM
    W7ROX likes this.
  7. N6RGR

N6RGR Ham Member QRZ Page

My XYL allows me to have my separate interests/hobbies as I allow her to do the same. She does enjoy seeing QSL cards from remote places, but if I start talking radio, she tunes out pretty quickly. As for money, she has control over most of that so there are animated discussions over radio purchases. She was supportive of buying the used tower, particularly after I showed her how high the new US Tower prices have gone. She has told me that once I get my social security money, I can use it to buy whatever I want. So I have another year or so until I can start saving for some new toys. Next year We will also be buying another pre-manufactured Old Hickory shed which will become my shop / shack. We bought one as a storage shed and had it painted just like the house and it looks pretty sharp. She has complained occasionally that I disappear and she does not see me when I am "playing radio", so I have to give her some advance notice that I am going to disappear for awhile. Having the 7.81 acres with lots of nice oak trees provides space for wire antennas and the future deployment of the tower (located where she cannot see it out her windows). So it is all good out here in the foothills.

Roger N6RGR