HAMS SUPPORTING BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA......

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by WD0BC, Aug 12, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KK6NOH

KK6NOH Ham Member QRZ Page

Please press and hold CTRL while pressing the + key to zoom in, or the - key to zoom out. Also please note that these forums have the option of changing font size, which is what I have done here. It is much easier for us to read larger font as opposed to all caps. The font button is on the reply window, and will pop up a box that says FONT SIZE if you hover your mouse over it. You can also do neat things like change Font Type, to many different types with or without underline, as well as font color.

2. KA3CTQ

KA3CTQ Ham Member QRZ Page

We do patrol cooking. The leaders are our own patrol. The boys will often look at our food and ask, "why can't we eat like that?" My answer is, "You can, but you will have to make it yourself."

I am a counselor for several merit badges, including radio and swimming. In swimming, I often hear, "I am not sure I can do that." I will tell them to at least try. The young ones are always happy after they complete the swim test they thought they would never get done.

What makes me happiest is that my son became an Eagle Scout a couple months ago. 30 boys were with him in Cub Scouts. 11 made the cross over to to Boy Scouts. 7 of them became Eagles.

He know all the scout skills and even was a counselor at our local camp. He still likes to camp, but says he has no use for a tent. Hammock camping is his ideal set up now.

3. KA3CTQ

KA3CTQ Ham Member QRZ Page

4. KB9BVN

KB9BVN Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations to your Eagles scouts. My eldest got his in 1995, he went from Tiger Cub in 1st grade to Eagle Scout in his Sophomore year of High School...5 of them made the journey and 4 of them earned Eagle....my other son got his in 1999, was not a Cub Scout as he was too busy making mom and dad crazy by playing every sport he saw...of his original patrol, 4 out of 6 got their Eagles. I enjoy looking at the photo albums we made along the way, and my eldest grandson is 3 badges and a project away from making his Eagle...he's 15. My dad was a Life Scout...so we've been scouting around here for some time now.

It's been a great program...I retired from scout leading this year. Time to let the new guys run the program.