ad: M2Ant-1

HAMS SUPPORTING BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA......

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by WD0BC, Aug 12, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. WD0BC

WD0BC Ham Member QRZ Page

SOMETIMES "THANK YOU" IS JUST NOT ENOUTH !!!! THE STORY OF HAMS DONATING TO BOY SCOUTING.......

YES ....SOMETIMES JUST NOT ADEQUATE.....THE STORY FOLLOWS

THE STORY: I HAVE BEEN DOING RADIO MERIT BADGE FOR SEVERAL YEARS AT OUR LOCAL BOY SCOUT CAMP, CAMP GEIGER LOCATED NEAR SAINT JOSEPH, MO WHEN I TOOK OVER THE CLASSES I HAD THE ABILITY TO INTRODUCE SCOUTS TO CW.....FOLLOW ME HERE....

THE FIRST TWO DAYS OF THE HOUR 5 DAY CLASS ANOTHER STAFF MEMBER DOES A SCRIPTED GENERAL OVERVIEW EDUCATION HOW RADIO WORKS .
    ON THE THIRD DAY "HAM RADIO" IS INTRODUCED. WE GIVE THEM SOME HISTORY ABOUT "HAMS" AND THEN WE SET UP OUR CW SOUNDERS. THE MFJ 455 UNITS AND INTRODUCE THE SCOUTS TO CW... WE START OFF WITH JUST ....E I S H 5 AND T M O 0. WE GIVE THEM JUST ENOUGH TO 'HOOK THEM'. THEY ARE AMAZED WHAT THEY DAN DO ......"WE HAVE THEM HOOKED"
    THE LAST TWO DAYS WE PUT THE SCOUTS ON AIR FOR A TEN MINUTE QSO. WHILE NOT NO THE AIR THE OTHERS HAVE CW TO KEEP THEM BUSY...

ALL THE WHILE THEY ARE BEING BRAINWASHED ABOUT ALL THE DIFFERENT ASPECTS OF HAM RADIO ......THEY KNOW WHAT IT IS AND WHAT THEY CAN DO.

WE HAD THREE SOUNDERS DONATED YEARS AGO AND I BORROWED A COUPLE BUT THOSE WERE GETTING 'SQUEAKEY' AND NEED UPGRADED OR REPLACED. I PUT A POST ON QRZ AND EHAM ASKING THAT ANYONE HAD THE SOUNDER LYING AROUND THAT THEY CONSIDER SENDING TO MYSELF FOR USE AT CAMP.......

I NOW HAVE 15 YES FIFTEEN BRAND NEW MFJ-455 SOUNDER UNITS! SIMPLY AMAZING THE RESPONCE I GOT FROM HAMS AROUND THE COUNTRY. BELOW IS THE LIST OF FOLKS THAT DONATED.....

N9GC USA
    Thomas W McGrath, III
    15319 Shamrock Ln
    Woodstock, IL 60098
    USA

CHRISTINE @ MAIN TRADING COMPANY
    2707 LAMAR AVENEW
    PARIS, TX 75460
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    N4PEG USA
    MARGARET E KENNEDY
    6645 FOUNDERS ST
    Zephyrhills, FL 33542-1828
    USA

N4ESS
    USARICHARD E KENNEDY
    6645 Founders St
    Zephyrhills, FL 33542-1828
    USA
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W1SO USA

Bruce R Kerrigan
    PO BOX 982
    Pelham, NH 03076
    USA
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    N9AGC USA
    GREG L SMITH
    7670 MOUNTAIN ASH
    MENTOR, OH 44060
    USA

MFJ ENTERPIRSES
    300 Industrial Park Rd,
    Starkville, MS 39759
    USA

AMAZING FOLKS............NOW A REQUEST......IF YOU ALL READING THIS WOULD EMAIL OR NTS A THANK YOU TO THESE FOLKS FOR MYSELF AND THE BOY SCOUTS OF CAMP GEIGER IT WOULD BE REALLY GREAT......HAMS ARE SOME OF THE GREATEST.....

I AM ALMOST SURE SOME OF THESE 'KIDS' WILL FOLLOW UP AND MOST LIKELY BE LICENSED.

THANK YOU ALL FOR READING AND LETTING THIS OLD SCOUT HAVE SO MUCH FUN WITH HAM RADIO

WD0BC

Attached Files:

KA3CTQ, NL7W, K9ASE and 1 other person like this.
  2. W4ZD

W4ZD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Good job, sir. Nice to see youngin's involved!

3. NE3R

NE3R Ham Member QRZ Page

Radio Scouting is the mix of my two passions for service.

NL7W and K9ASE like this.
  4. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Great news!

5. WD8ED

WD8ED Ham Member QRZ Page

Btw, why is it still BOY scouts?

6. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Don't go there.

WU8Y and K3UJ like this.
  7. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

I thought it was called Scouting now?

8. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Go where Bill?

9. K5TRI

K5TRI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Your shift key is broken, or why are you yelling?

WU8Y, KK6NOH and AG5DB like this.
  10. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Who? The OP?