Hams selling off the IC-7300

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KX2U, Jan 8, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

LOTS of IC-7300s are selling these days in the $800 to $900 range - you just have to keep your eyes open. In my case, it was a "wanted" ad that I posted on QRZ and a local seller reached out (whom I did not know prior)

Dave
    W7UUU

2. W5IEI

W5IEI Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry,
    You keep missing the target.
    I had a 1200,and a 3000,but the 7300 is still here.

3. W2TXB

W2TXB Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe those selling their IC-7300's are going to use that money for the new and improved IC-7300 MkIIG Pro, which will reportedly have a waterfall with real water.

...not available in stores... anywhere. ;)

K9DWB, UT7UX, US7IGN and 1 other person like this.
  4. N3PM

N3PM Ham Member QRZ Page

This is being developed in the HanWu radio factory. The display will go viral.
    Mike N3PM

K9DWB likes this.
  5. KX2U

KX2U Ham Member QRZ Page

Since I already have the 991a and did a lot of research between the 7300 and the 991a before buying it I will absolutely be buying the dx10 and this will be my radio pair on my desk. I am in no rush since this radio (991a) is one of the best radios I have ever seen IMHO for the price point. I played with the 7300 and it just missed a few things to grab my attention especially the 144/440 range which I cannot imagine would be such a big issue for Icom to squeeze in the 7300 somehow. But anyway, I have watched a few video's on comparisons and its always up to personal choice so and I like the Yaesu design much better now that they have the DX10 screen bigger/faster and with #DSS so IMHO looking much better than the 7300. If Yaesu would add dual watch it would be golden for me. That's my opinion for what its worth..

WY7CHY likes this.
  6. WW2PT

WW2PT Ham Member QRZ Page

Imma wait for the IC-7300 MkIIG Pro III.

KA4DPO and WZ7U like this.
  7. WW2PT

WW2PT Ham Member QRZ Page

Dual watch is why I prefer using my KX2 to my single-rx K3.

8. W4HWD

W4HWD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The latest one listed for sale here on QRZ shows the guy wants exactly what he paid for it; says "you are buying as good as new" (well, he's shouting it, as it's all CAPS) since he's only had it a couple months. Whatever - that's not the same thing as new.

Heavy duty case of buyers' remorse?

Appears so.

KA4DPO likes this.
  9. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I doubt it. If so, he'd let it go for a reasonable USED price. More likely, played around with it for a while but is now lured by the NEXT bright-shiny. ;)

Also, an IC 7300 is not like my old HW-101. It took quite a while for me to get the 7300 set up in a way optimum for me, and to learn to make use of its capabilities. Some just don't have the patience for that. :eek:

KA4DPO, K9DWB, WA9SVD and 1 other person like this.
  10. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Some Operator on 80 meters hurt my feelings. I am selling my HF radio gear.

W3ATV likes this.