ad: M2Ant-1

Hams selling off the IC-7300

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KX2U, Jan 8, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. UT7UX

UT7UX Ham Member QRZ Page

Pretty nothing IMO. :p

Every licensed ham is a worthy ham unless this particular ham is doing something that improves ham's let's say skills. There is no right or wrong way to do this. There is no low or high speed of skills improvement. For a newbie local VHF/UHF is a huge step forward from nothing. For an old ham still local VHF/UHF after many years is not any further step but rather step back to nothing. For an old ham local VHF/UHF after great activity is just retirement so nothing wrong here.

I'm not yet. See my poor results on my QRZ page.

To be a DXCC member is just one of many criteria. IMO one EME QSO worth a hundred of DXCCs on HF. IMO to build the radio from crap worth a hundred of DXCCs on HF. And so on. I'm saying 'DXCC' and mean anything that proves ham's skills.

You're absolutely right!

I've added 'in my opinion' everywhere. And please check your sarcasm detector as my signal is not as clear as should be good for that detector to work flawlessly. :rolleyes:

2. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I already have an F-150, it is my daily driver, I would never be without a truck. In fact, if I could only have one vehicle it would be my truck.
    The Mustang is just for fun, and I am thing about buying a 911 around August. In this part of Virginia the roads are pretty smooth, and there are lots of twisty back roads in the country that are a blast to drive in a car that corners like a slot car. The Mustang is pretty good and will smoke the Porsche on a straightaway, but not in the turns, not even close.

F-150 Platinum.jpg

K9DWB, UT7UX, W7UUU and 2 others like this.
  3. W7DGJ

W7DGJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

As the ARRL said in the review of the 7300, "this darn thing is so hot you hardly ever need to turn on the Preamp, let alone stage 2 preamp." No problem at this end with receive side, and the signal reports I get are "Hey, that is nice audio. What rig are you running?" (That's consistent). I bought mine, new, for under $1K and that's a bargain I'd like to see repeated with other cool, new radios.

KA4DPO likes this.
  4. KX2U

KX2U Ham Member QRZ Page

To steer this back on track a bit, Does anyone remember what price the 7300 was when it first came out and when it came down?

I want the DX10 but if its coming down a bit in a little while I will wait.

WW2PT and KA4DPO like this.
  5. KA4DPO

The IC-7300 is still the best radio for the money, hands down.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  6. KA4DPO

I seem to remember they were around $1400.00 when they first came out. If I had to guess, I would say the FTdx-10 will probably be priced around $1200.00 by the end of summer.

K9DWB likes this.
  7. WW2PT

WW2PT Ham Member QRZ Page

I seem to remember $1,500, but don’t know if that was street price or MSRP.

8. WW2PT

WW2PT Ham Member QRZ Page

...for some.

N4NYK and PU2OZT like this.
  9. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I paid $1379.95 on October 21, 2016 to get one brand new

It died in my October fire but I found a "nearly new in the box" IC-7300 for $800 in November

Dave
    W7UUU

IC-7300.PNG

K9DWB, WW2PT, WD4ELG and 2 others like this.
  10. WD4ELG

WD4ELG Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe it's because I don't have any friends (except you all on Zed)...but I never hear about or get access to deals like this one, Dave.