Hams selling off the IC-7300

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KX2U, Jan 8, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Ripple....for those who don't mind how much it costs! :D

WD4ELG likes this.
  2. UT7UX

UT7UX Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice!

In Europe there are many car owners that want a stick. I don't understand this. Why one needs a stick in tight environment of city's traffic?

Again, nice!

IMO for competition car the best gearbox is sequential. Today pretty computerized but still with clear manual override. These gearboxes are fastest ever and more efficient than a hydromechanic. No human can switch gears with the stick as fast as sequential does so torque delivers to wheels with shortest possible breaks for switching. Computerization helps synchronize revs even more than traditional mechanic synchronizers alone so switching is performed even faster with less losses.
    For 'sport' cars i.e. everyday but look alike competition ones IMO hydromechanic it the best as this type is smoothest and least engaging. A driver should enjoy the car but not to work in the cockpit. Leave the working to pros like big truck drivers and enjoy your car whatever it is.
    Muscle cars? Yeah they all are damn great! Consider the stick is an anti-theft device. :D

3. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I test drove a Porsche 911 in my younger days. The salesman who accompanied me told me I didn't drive it like a Porsche driver would. I took that as a complement! :D I also never owned a Porsche. I have owned a couple of Audis. I prefer a refined ride. I enjoyed my Honda Goldwing over a HD also. Every vehicle has it's strengths, however, when tradition gets in the way of refinement I'll pick refinement.

UT7UX likes this.
  4. UT7UX

Everything I said is just my opinion. I found myself to be wrong pretty often. Even my cats laugh on me.

If someone has confirmed more than century (with DXCC rules as just an example) no any repeater or hotspot can revoke this confirmation. In contrary to someone that has confirmed zero countries but only chews rags on the internet voice-chat like Echolink.

5. KB9OAK

KB9OAK Ham Member QRZ Page

$1,000 used? Give me 5 minutes of googling.

WY7CHY likes this.
  6. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

So what? So someone who only works VHF/UHF simplex is not a worthy ham because he/she hasn't worked 100 countries? I'm a DXCC member, but that's just not true. Ham radio is not one thing, OM, it is many things. ;)

UT7UX likes this.
  7. KB9OAK

KB9OAK Ham Member QRZ Page

Bam!
    Yaesu FTdx1200 w/pan-adapter port [​IMG]
    Very clean unit, works 100% I installed an SMA port to tap the IF for a pan-adapter [SMA] on the back. Works very well using an RTL dongle and HDSDR (freeware). Comes with original box, manual, dc power cord and stock mic. $875 shipped to lower 48 via FedEx. Prefer Postal MO. Great radio, but is in excess of my needs.
    Listing ##### - Submitted on 01/12/21

WY7CHY and PU2OZT like this.
  8. UT7UX

I'm with you. In this sense European cars are competitive. But independently I love rough power of F-150 and its brothers that is rather exotic than everyday routine in y part of the world.

9. PU2OZT

PU2OZT Ham Member QRZ Page

Should try selling his marvel to Brazil, would get 8x its USD tag, R$7,000 round.

10. KE0ITC

KE0ITC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I still have a 1973 RT360 that I ride. View attachment 751005