Hams, Computer Geeks and Nerds

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K4KWH, Feb 13, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
  1. KU4X

KU4X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry Boss, no can do...I just used my last copy of the new cover sheet, as per the email. See you Monday!

Regards,
    -Peter

2. VK4FFAB

VK4FFAB Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, you are all nerds.

3. N7ZAL

N7ZAL Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm lucky because I've worked almost my entire life in electronics and am familiar with the bottom and the top. I never trusted or liked the upper class snobs...they are a different breed. I've always felt comfortable with the worker types. Since I was raised at the bottom, maybe that is where I am naturally most comfortable. Humble beginnings.

Most hams I think are from the practical logical part of the scale and maybe that is why I am so comfortable with most of them? Down to earth people...mostly. :)

4. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I admit, it does have one of the best lines in all of moviedom.
    The efficiency experts come in and ask Milton... What is it that you, uh...(very long pause)...do? Classic....and disturbingly profound. :)

5. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]

WU8Y likes this.
  6. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

1. I will accept proudly the title of "nerd" but I prefer "intellectual badass." I LIKE being a nerd and claim it. The only other term you list that's ok might be "brainiac."

You seem to have been living under a rock or in a cave, or at least know some very different people than I do. Nerd and Geek are the new cool.

2. Unfortunately, the funny AND sad thing about Office Space is that it's not really that much of a farce. It's very close to reality.

7. W0VRA

W0VRA Ham Member QRZ Page

I heard somewhere that the harder it is to answer that, the more secure your job is.

Also have to recommend The IT Crowd. I think we watched it on Hulu or Netflix or something.

8. KF5RRF

KF5RRF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

FYI, you can definitely find The IT Crowd on Netflix.

W0VRA likes this.
  9. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Is it plugged in?

W0VRA likes this.
  10. W0VRA

W0VRA Ham Member QRZ Page

Have you tried turning it off and on?

KF5RRF likes this.