ad: elecraft

Hams Across America - a new kind of event

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KM6TVJ, Jan 31, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KM6TVJ

KM6TVJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Please help me create a new kind of ham radio event or experiment. I wanted to create an event for all hams, but especially for the brand new amateur - someone with only a 5w HT.

The ultimate goal is for a lot of hams to pass a verbal message, simplex only, from one ham to another, from coast to coast across America.

I'm going to run a test event here in Southern California, across grid square DM04.

If you think this is interesting, there's more info here: https://www.qsl.net/km6tvj/

Since this is a new kind of event (and definitely an experiment), I am open to suggestions. And am definitely looking forward to talking with everyone who wants to get involved.

Thanks & 73! KM6TVJ

KF5KWO likes this.
  2. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

That's a really cool idea....and the very concept of the original idea of the ARRL....except at much higher frequencies. May you have splendid success, and a lot of participation.

KF5KWO likes this.
  3. N6TDG

N6TDG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Excellent idea!

4. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Sounds fun!! I can see also doing it also on HF with CW and SSB

Just like the "days of yore"

Dave
    W7UUU