ad: Radclub22-1

HamRadioReviews: Solar Powered Ham Radio for Beginners [Video + Article]

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by SV2RMK, Nov 24, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. SV2RMK

SV2RMK Ham Member QRZ Page

In this week’s video, Solar Powered Ham Radio for Beginners, I am discussing on the gear necessary to operate a portable station with solar power.

[​IMG]

Video and full article on HamRadioReviews.eu: https://wp.me/p800qu-9e

HamRadioReviews on Instagram: @hamradioreviews
    Facebook: @hamradioreviews
    Twitter: @hamradioreviews

2. W9AT

W9AT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I appreciate the kind intentions of hams, including SV2RMK, in making and sharing their knowledge and experience.

And, since podcasts are less engaging, I especially like video as "a picture [or, even better, moving pictures!] can say a thousand words].

Though the narrator seems to think his battery "isn't the best", it is still a powerful energy source. Where are the fuses/circuit-breakers?

The narrator mentions this is a test, but testing requires as much (or more) safety as normal operation.

Thanks for the effort, though, and best of luck for the future.

Mark WTØE

SV2RMK likes this.
  3. SV2RMK

Thank you for your feedback Mark. I will actually add a fuse to the battery cables and include the change in both the video and article.

Dimitris, 73!

4. AC8UC

AC8UC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I too appreciate your effort in bringing to light the the basic concepts of a in the field solar set up. Yes their are many ways which one can design a system, whether for QRP or 100 watts, thought has to be give to as how portable you want your system, a back pack, a car trunk, plus the type or types of antennas, it all adds weight, and the RF that that comes with some solar controllers. It all has to start somewhere, kudos to SV2RMK for the video and pictures. I myself have put together some some solar systems, it is as rewarding as any of the other aspects of Ham Radio.
    AC8UC

SV2RMK likes this.
  5. SV2RMK

I'd love to see what setups you've made. Thank you for your nice feedback, 73!

6. AC8UC

AC8UC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If you go to my QRZ page, I have a few pictures, and access to my email if you wish.
    AC8UC

SV2RMK likes this.