ad: vanity

HamRadioReviews: DMR Range Test - Baofeng DM-5R [Video]

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by SV2RMK, Dec 21, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. SV2RMK

SV2RMK Ham Member QRZ Page

This is the first in a series of 3 DMR range test videos. In this video, I am testing the range of the Baofeng DM-5R from two locations.

[​IMG]

Here is the video, enjoy: https://wp.me/p800qu-do

HamRadioReviews on Instagram: @hamradioreviews
    Facebook: @hamradioreviews
    Twitter: @hamradioreviews

2. W5YAG

W5YAG Ham Member QRZ Page

Why are all of these reviewers giving so much attention to non complaint DMR radios?

KF2M likes this.
  3. VA2OOK

VA2OOK Ham Member QRZ Page

Another Chinese piece of crap!

KF2M likes this.
  4. G8KNC

G8KNC Ham Member QRZ Page

Who has raised a complaint?

PH9IF, KF5PKC and SV2RMK like this.
  5. KB5WCK

KB5WCK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If you don't like Baofeng radios, then don't click on the links for them. Simple and easy.

KF5VTS, KI8UM, K1FBI and 2 others like this.
  6. W1XWX

W1XWX Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice review-- I did notice some decode errors from the long distance site. However still very readable.

73 W1XWX

SV2RMK likes this.
  7. W5YAG

W5YAG Ham Member QRZ Page

These radios broadcast on both time slots at the same time and they cause nothing but issues on the DMR repeaters. Most repeaters have banned them and they will ban you for using them on their systems. They are advertising these as tier 2 compatible radios when that is not true at all.

N9TES likes this.
  8. SV2RMK

SV2RMK Ham Member QRZ Page

Indeed, from location 2, there were some errors. Wait for my other two DMR range test videos from the same locations, you'll be surprised. 73!

W1XWX likes this.
  9. IZ0WPA

IZ0WPA Ham Member QRZ Page

Buona sera da (roma )ci siamo anche noi facci sapere qualcosa di piu se รจ valido per aquistarlo /iz0wpa/ grazie.

10. W1XWX

W1XWX Ham Member QRZ Page

I guess if you repeat an old sporadic minor problem often enough it becomes true for all--- the transmit on 2 time slots was long ago-- and does not occur on recent models. It's just sour grapes from the Motorola ego crowd.

DMR is the only segment of the hobby where hams bad-mouth other hams for their equipment. Not a good way to grow our hobby.

KP4CBI, KG5LCV, KF5VTS and 2 others like this.