HamRadioNow: That ARRL Entry Level License Survey

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KN4AQ, Mar 2, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Subscriber QRZ Page

Are you saying that anyone who is NOT a Tech should not have an opinion about this? Good luck with that argument. The jury won't buy it. You have gone through the process and earned your license. You are still a Tech for your own reasons. Strip out the expired licenses and the clubs and 50.235% of active licenses are Tech's.

So we need more incentive to attract brand new hams, most of which have no clue yet what it means to only have very limited HF privileges. This is when we can't get 50% of the current service to upgrade, who actually do have some idea what they don't have.

I have serious doubts about this plan. Unless we are shooting for 60% of all current licenses to be Techs. If that is the plan, it just might work.

2. K2FI

K2FI Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I was for a while, doing CW on HF. I upgraded to General right about the start of NPOTA and then Extra a few months later. And I still mainly do CW on HF, although now I do 20 and 30 as well as 15 and 40

3. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

If you knew what the popular definition of a "Good Buddy" was back in the day, You probably wouldn't have mentioned
    it. If I gave you the answer, I would be out picking corn for sure....

Popular answer to Whats your 20 usually went along the lines of
    2 $5's and a $10 or some other combination, Since unlike Ham's, 11m Operators generally
    refrained form advertising their location...
    YMMV