hammarlund HQ145 dead 10-30mhz band

Discussion in '"Boat Anchor" & Classic Equipment' started by RAYSUNCLOUDS, Jan 17, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. RAYSUNCLOUDS

RAYSUNCLOUDS QRZ Member

Bought this 1 year ago for 200. Listen on 75 & 40.the 10-30 MHz band has some pulses but no apparent sigs. I sprayed the bandswitch and pots,little change .per the boat anchor forum I replaced the 6C4 osc tube,no change. Any thoughts? Maybe looking for a repair person in northern Ohio.Thanks,ray-swl'er and former WD8CYX general.

2. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/hammarlund-hq145-dead-10-30-mhz-band.688464/
    Post in Boat Anchors Forum.

RayS:
    It is considered poor etiquette to cross post the same post in multiple forums. It confuses readers, and dilutes the responses. Regards, b.

KP4SX likes this.
  3. WA2CWA

WA2CWA Ham Member QRZ Page

The HQ-145 is double conversion in the 10 - 30 MHz section. A scope, VTVM, and a signal generator would be extremely useful in trouble shooting and aligning or checking alignment. Don't spray the switch wafers with Deoxit or other types of cleaners. Use a cotton swab with cleaner and just wipe the contacts. Phonetic wafers can absorb this stuff when sprayed and can actually make the wafer conductive . Manual has tube voltage and resistance charts. Use them.

N2EY and W1BR like this.
  4. K1OIK

K1OIK Ham Member QRZ Page

5. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

OIK:

Such multiple postings are completely different from posting in several forums on a single website. You are certainly free to offer an item on several different websites.

Glen, K9STH

6. RAYSUNCLOUDS

RAYSUNCLOUDS QRZ Member

Sorry about the dual posts. I really appreciate the responses on the other QRZ forum. Is it possible to delete this one?-Ray.