For Sale Hammarlund HQ-215 receiver unit

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by W4LKR, Sep 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W4LKR

W4LKR Ham Member QRZ Page

Another well cared-for vintage radio obtained from my uncle's estate. I have powered this unit using a 13.8V PSU. It powers on and the S meter registers. I've tested several bands using my backyard dipole as the antenna and a small 3.2 ohm speaker connected to the unit. I have a couple of short videos demonstrating good copy of SSB and CW that I'll be happy to post or forward for those interested.

Interior is very clean.

Asking $350 including shipping within the continental USA. Prefer local buyer in the Nashville area, but am willing to ship.

PM me for contact info if interested.

Hammarlund HQ-215 1.jpg Hammarlund HQ-215 2.jpg Hammarlund HQ-215 3.jpg Hammarlund HQ-215 4.jpg

KE9OL likes this.
  2. W6WDY

W6WDY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi, looks nice. Does it have power cable? I read you powered it using 13.8 VDC.
    Thanks

3. KH6KG

KH6KG Subscriber QRZ Page

I will take it if it has the power cable.

Bob KH6KG/W5

4. W4LKR

HammarlundHQ215_power-plug.jpg
    No it does not have the power cable. I referenced the online PDF version of the original manual. The schematic includes a pin diagram for the power connector. Pins 2 and 3 are for DC. I powered the unit by connecting my PSU via those two pins. A more permanent power cord for DC only would be fairly simple to make for this unit.

5. W4LKR

bump

6. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Safety Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling safety rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.