ad: elecraft

For Sale HAMMARLUND HQ-170A RECEIVER

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by K0JY, Mar 15, 2019 at 1:54 AM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K0JY

K0JY Ham Member QRZ Page

I have owned this receiver for quite a while and have used it in a novice station setup, but now I am trying to clear things out that are not regularly in use. It works and sounds great. The clock works fine. Tuning is smooth and for an older receiver it has good selectivity. I used it mostly on CW but the SSB and AM audio is nice. I never tried it on the VHF frequencies.

Cosmetically see for yourself in the photos. The chassis does have some corrosion spots. There are 4 small holes in the top cabinet door (I suppose someone at some time had a speaker mounted there. Why?) The cabinet is nice inside without rust. There are a few light scratches on the cabinet and front panel trim but still quite nice looking for a vintage receiver. There has been a SO239 placed on the back panel but it was done nicely and I appreciated having it for my station hookup.

Please check out the photos. I also have a couple of videos on my cell phone that I "think" I can figure out how to send to your email if you want to see it in operation.

I am asking $195 plus shipping via FEDEX insured ground. No shipping outside the U.S.

Please contact me direct at: wdrdjw@gmail.com
    Payment is OK via PAYPAL

Thanks for looking! 73 John K0JY

Attached Files:

AJ4JA, KF2ZO, 9A2US and 4 others like this.
  2. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.