Hamfest's Past

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by NE4EB, May 14, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: FBNews-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Interesting. I never knew it was that way but few things surprise me anymore.

2. WN1MB

WN1MB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Brin, Page, and Schmidt. YouTube's TOS are agenda driven.

3. W3WN

W3WN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Lowell,

This is a great little story. Brings back memories of my days as a teenage Novice in the (now long gone) W2MO Livingston ARC.

Would you mind if I used this in a future issue of my club newsletter?

4. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

I respect someone wanting YT listings, high rankings, this is important. Ur right. But if you want to make videos for hams, my suggestion remains.

YT likes enthusiasm and a lot of animated hand waving.....look at the high ranking vids with mouths open and stupid expressions.....

B7522FC0-734E-4A49-B6BC-F1FA6438B7B5.jpeg

If you can do this great. I like informative videos without some guy droning on not getting to the point or trying to look goofy ecstatic about a PL259 or a ferrite bead. YMMV.

5. WN1MB

I'm biting my tongue really, really hard right now, because if I say what I want to say, The Zed Banhammer will falleth upon me.

6. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

I worked at a trap club when I was in high school. After the shooting ended they pulled out the cards and played poker. All the teenagers drank beer and played poker with the OFs and learned how to lose hard earned money. We all had a good life experience.

KP4SX likes this.
  7. NE4EB

NE4EB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Please do. I wrote that sort of quickly and reading over it spotted several composition errors I'm not proud of but you're welcome to make use of it, warts and all.

Lowell

ETA: This was (is) the W4VO club and they're still around.

8. W2NAP

W2NAP Ham Member QRZ Page

problem is for that informative video to actually get ranked in a search, you have to do the stupid crap that makes the algorithm happy or you just don't get listed. as sad as it is these days on YT you have to click bait titles and the rest of the dumb crap or enjoy being on page 500 on the search.

And they continue to change the stupid rules, it really is like playing a game where the rules on paper are not the rules they are hidden rules nobody knows about that change on a whim filled with word landmines. today Icom is a ok word but next year they may decide Icom is offensive and a slur and boom de ranked if not just outright de platformed. and nobody really knows what the word landmines are cause they won't tell.

9. WN1MB

Because telling would reveal specifics of their agenda. Welcome to 1984.

10. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Huh? Did I make u angry? Sorry.