ad: Radclub22-1

HamFacebook is online

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by IZ5ICH, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. IZ5ICH

IZ5ICH Ham Member QRZ Page

surfing the internet I wondered .. but why not create a social network for us ham? and so I started to work .. yet to put something in place but very usable ..
    I hope that will be used by all radio amateurs .. just like facebook but dedicated to us lovers of radio .. You can upload photos and video sites link to leave messages on the bulletin board of your friends .. I hope to launch a new comunity ..
    many subscribe please ..

Best 73 all de IZ5ICH

2. IZ5ICH

3. IZ5ICH

i stand all ham join here!

4. WW7F

WW7F Guest

Why do that? We already have a fine social networking site, it is called QRZ.com and already serves that purpose.
    Other than any commercial potential I can see no reason to do so save for personal enjoyment. If that is the goal then enjoy:)
    I believe the social network concept is a dying fad anyhow Facebook does not seem to be faring well right now.
    73 Michelle:)

5. KG4RUL

KG4RUL Ham Member QRZ Page

Actually, we have had an RF based social network for over a hundred years. The password is your Amateur Call sign - just call CQ using it and you can be connected with other like-minded people all over the world and in space.

6. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Using "Facebook" a trademarked name as part of the name of the new site I will be awaiting the outcome of the pending lawsuit....

7. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I could see that happening if permission was not given.

Using a modified FB logo may get their stocks up when they get some extra money from a lawsuit.

8. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Yup, I can remember when McDonalds went after anything with "Mc(Insert here) in their name as trademark infringement........

9. IZ5ICH

guys and I apologize for not going to meet disappointment I modified the site and address..

http://hamwall.ning.com

10. K4GHL

K4GHL Ham Member QRZ Page

There are several "groups" on facebook already that you can 'like' and see the threads from others... I applaud your will, but you are reinventing the reinvented wheel I fear...

Best of luck!

11. IZ5ICH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.