Hambuilder Radiowork

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by KV4PD, Oct 22, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. KV4PD

KV4PD Ham Member QRZ Page

Does anyone have any experience/comments about this line of radios? They look really nice and the features are great for the price point.

https://hambuilder.com/transceiver/

KV4PD
    Chad

2. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

Would be a lot more attractive to me without the useless microfone dangling and should be less expensive for a CW only version !!

N8AFT likes this.
  3. N5EN

N5EN Ham Member QRZ Page

I see this thread is a few months old. Has anyone in the USA tried one of these radios? The documentation is a bit sketchy. There are no posted specifications. The circuits shared between the receiver and transmitter are "interesting"? I'm not a CW person, but it's not really a CW transmitter. Actually an SSB transmitter modulated with an ATiny microprocessor - I think I would just go in and remove a few parts to disable that mode. Apart from that, it's a nice case and display. I would take it as a decent starting point with room for modifications. Once you buy it, it's yours anyway. No sending back. The scary part for me is sending money to Indonesia. I hope things have evolved into a better state than they were 25 years ago. Back then it would have been like throwing money into the wind.

Neal N5EN