ad: QSKLLC-1

Ham using paypal to get refund when he damages purchases

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by VK3FMAA, Feb 16, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. VK3FMAA

VK3FMAA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

VK4PX purchased radio upon receiving, Dropped the radio damaged radio sent it back told paypal it was damaged when received . sent it back without paypal authority told them it was damaged by post after investigation it was damaged after delivery paypal then granted him a refund as they side with the buyer
    when the radio was inspected after return result of tech check radio was severely damaged and is a write off.

Be aware of this operator

2. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow, you say, " . .after investigation it was damaged after delivery paypal then granted him a refund . ."
    Please share that proof with us.

3. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds like you need to put in a insurance claim with the shipping company.

Good Luck.

4. K0EED

K0EED XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I know stuff like this happens. I sold a radio years ago on ebay. Clearly stated the radio had low rf output on the VHF band only. HF and UHF were fine. Buyer got it then tried to get me to pay to fix it stating it was misrepresented. Had this happened in this day and age of ebay and paypal I'm 100% convinced I'd of ended up with the radio back and who knows what condition and or parts swapped. Really put me off of dealing with ebay as a seller for anything over 100 bucks.

5. K0EED

K0EED XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I should add I'm not saying the OP post was valid or not I have no idea. Just saying that people who think paypal is the best for accepting payment are in for a rude awakening.

KF5FID likes this.
  6. VK4PX

VK4PX Ham Member QRZ Page

Interesting story re the IC 7000, trouble is, none of its true. If you want the real story, send me an e mail. Brian. VK4 PX.

7. VA3XMR

VA3XMR Ham Member QRZ Page

Why not just post your side of the story here?

8. K3LI

K3LI Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds like the story may very well be true seeing that VK4PX is unwilling to post his side of the story here.

9. N4MBN

N4MBN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

We only hear one side of the issue. Please tell us your side. If none of what was written was true then you should tell us the truth. Otherwise I will
    believe that you tried to scam a ham!!

10. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

May just not want to drag it all out here.
    Judging from his work bench it is hard to imagine he doesn't give the greatest care to any radio.
    I wondered about that too.