ad: elecraft

Ham Talk Live! Episode 79 - Youth DX Adventure to Costa Rica

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WB9VPG, Aug 30, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. WB9VPG

WB9VPG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Coming up Thursday night at 9 pm Eastern time on Ham Talk Live, you'll have a chance to call in and talk with some of the members of the Dave Kalter Memorial Youth DX Adventure team 2017 that went to Costa Rica. Team members this year include: Chris Brault, KD8YVJ, Bryant Rascoll, KG5HVO, and Austin Harris, WA8CCS. We'll talk with them about their adventures, and take your calls and tweets as well!

Tune into Ham Talk Live! Thursday night at 9 pm Eastern time by going to hamtalklive.com. When the audio player indicates LIVE, just hit the play button! If you miss the show live, you can listen on demand 24/7/365.25 also at hamtalklive.com; or a podcast version is on nearly all podcast sites a few minutes after the live show is over. Some sites include Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, SoundCloud, and iHeart Podcasts; and it's also available on YouTube.

Be sure to CALL in with your questions and comments by calling 812-NET-HAM-1 live during the show, or by Skype. Our username is hamtalklive. You can also tweet your questions before or during the show to @HamTalkLive.

Costa Rica Youth DX Adventure Chris Bryant Austin7.jpg Hammy goes to Costa Rica.jpg

KM4SII likes this.
  2. W6NYA

W6NYA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Enjoyed making contact with them (KD8YVJ)----hopefully they will be uploading their logs soon :)

WB9VPG likes this.
  3. KD8YVJ

KD8YVJ Ham Member QRZ Page

W6NYA - Yes! My log will be uploaded to my TI5/KD8YVJ Page. They will also be uploaded to LoTW soon. Hopefully that helps! -Chris

W6NYA likes this.
  4. W2JLD

W2JLD Ham Member QRZ Page

Kudos to KG5HVO...A story to tell him children !!!!!

a once in a lifetime opportunity....carpe diem

5. KD8YVJ

Logs are now in on www.qrz.com/db/ti5/kd8yvj LoTW should be out later this week...

W6NYA likes this.
  6. N5EAL

N5EAL Ham Member QRZ Page

Not sure if I made a contact with Chris. But I did with Austin and Bryant. It was really amazing I did so with my 857D and 100 watts. Enjoyed listening to all the hams trying to contact you.
    Out of pocket right now. Had to leave because of Harvey. Miss hearing all the action.

7. KD8YVJ

N5EAL - Just checked and I have you in my log. Congrats on working all of the Youth Ops! :)

8. N5EAL

Thanks Chris. I'm away from my home and my logs. I really appreciate you getting back to me..

9. N5EAL

Chris/KD8YVJ just wasn't thinking. I looked at my log on QRZ, and there you were. This Harvey situation has me all messed up. Thanks for jogging my memory.