ad: CQMM-1

Ham Talk Live! Episode 54 - Hamvention Update with Michael Kalter, W8CI

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WB9VPG, Mar 1, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Nope. I will be operating remote:)

I LIKE the idea of a personality code: it assures we have only hams with...personality!

Turn on your personality chip or....^%^%& to be you!

;-)

WF9Q likes this.
  2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Axe away! Here's three 'A's (really flying V's) that just came back from my loan to a famous artist's tour. You reminded me they need to go into the vault tomorrow. Freakin amazing rock axes fer shure.

Rock on!
    Chip W1YW

upload_2017-3-1_19-43-3.png

3. N4ZX

N4ZX Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, I never could get used to that shape guitar. Give me my old pawnshop Bensalem Ibanez I bought for 90 bucks...beats even my American Strat and my Mosrite Celebrity...many, many gigs with that axe...

See Ya'll at Dayton, 73...

W1YW likes this.
  4. KB9CFH

KB9CFH Ham Member QRZ Page

Does Xenia have a Greyhound station there, and is it close to Hamvention? Some of us can't or don't fly anymore.

5. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

If you would visit their website you will find they have a terminal in Dayton and it costs about 150 USD. You should be able to bum ride from the locals or take a cab.

6. W0PV

W0PV Ham Member QRZ Page

7. WB9VPG

WB9VPG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That's one of the first questions I'm asking on the show tonight. They are doing it by hand for now. See: http://hamvention.org/online-ordering-update/
    Better yet... listen in tonight.

8. W9JM

W9JM Ham Member QRZ Page

As with any new venture, there will be problems, and it will most likely take a few years to work them all out. So...just go with the flow, have a good time, and make the best of it.

W4IOA, WD9GCO, WF9Q and 1 other person like this.
  9. W1RV

W1RV Ham Member QRZ Page

10. W0PV

W0PV Ham Member QRZ Page

FYI - I also sent my question to the email address for Hamvention tickets and quickly received this very reasonable response -

I apologize for any confusion and want to help you with completing your 2017
    Flea Market reservation. As this year's event and venue is completely new
    for all of us, we are accepting reservation requests in a different way. The
    online reservation system is not being used this year, as we want to work
    with each vendor on a one-on-one basis, to help make your 2017 experience
    the best possible. To accomplish this, please do the following:

1 - Look at the Flea Market map, on the Hamvention website and find spaces
    that you might be interested in.

2 - List your 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice locations in an e-mail to
    fleamarket@hamvention.org

3 - Be sure to include a phone number you can be reached at.

4 - Put "RESERVATION" in the subject line and send us the e-mail.

E-mails will be answered in the order they are received, by one of the Flea
    Market assistants and they will contact you, at the phone number you
    included. During that phone call, we will answer any questions you may have
    and help to complete your reservation.

We appreciate your patience and continued support of this amazing event.

Thank you,

Dave, N8YFQ

-----

73 de John WØPV

11. K0MD

K0MD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Mike and Neil - great show! Thanks for answering so many questions and updating us.

WB9VPG likes this.
  12. WS8B

WS8B Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the considerate inquires with respect to Hamvention(r) 17’s choice of the Technical Achievement award. In the past, the Hamvention awards committee has considered all categories of technical achievement nominations that range from old technology such as slow-scan television to modern contributions like software defined digital radio systems. It is the mission of the awards committee to recognize major contributions to the world of amateur radio across the entire technical spectrum. Our choice this year celebrates the devotion of one of our own that has dedicated his entire amateur radio career in preserving and enhancing the art and science relating to the oldest radio technology – CW. Now that CW is no longer required as a qualification to become an amateur operator, the related technology could fall to the wayside. The dedicated efforts of amateur radio operators like Rob Brownstein, K6RB keeps this old but vital technology alive. The Hamvention awards committee encourages all hams to nominate their fellow operators for these prestigious awards in the future.

Frank Beafore-WS8B
    Co-Chair, Hamvention Awards Comittee

13. N8MAS

N8MAS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

SR68 is going to be the main road. In that area its a two lane, with several intersections. I hope the DARA folks and Xenia are considering local law enforcement manipulating the stop lights, much like at Hara. If so, I think it will flow pretty good. These people know there is some skepticism and I think at the end of the day its going to be a great time, as usual.

14. K6DLC

K6DLC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I sure hope they do stop by the American Legion Amateur Radio Club booth. Many veterans would be happy to tell them why we got into Ham Radio.

15. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Most importantly, How far away is the nearest WHITE CASTLE????