ad: UR5CDX-1

Ham Talk Live! Episode 44 - The Meaning of 75 with CARF's Brian Linn, KD0HII

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WB9VPG, Dec 21, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WB9VPG

WB9VPG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thursday night at 9 pm Eastern time on hamtalklive.com, tune in to learn about the meaning of 75. I’ve been signing off the show each week with 73 and 75, and many of you have asked what it means. Listen to the show on Thursday to find out with our guest, Brian Linn, KD0HII, the president of Christian Amateur Radio Fellowship. We will also talk about what CARF is doing, and how it relates to Christmas.

CALL IN LIVE during the show with your questions and comments at 812-NET-HAM-1 (812-638-4261) or by Skype at Ham Talk Live. Or, you can tweet us anytime @HamTalkLive.

If you miss the live show, you can catch all of our past shows on hamtalklive.com or most podcasting services.

2009_02_Brian_Linn_09_104_web.jpg

Dayton2014-07.jpg

K9IK likes this.
  2. W0IW

W0IW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Knowing kd0hii Brian for many years I know his passion for the hobby as well as our lord and savior Jesus Christ, I know this is a great way to spread the message of both our two favorite passions.

Ham radio, and our lord ...!!!!

I use to always say at end of each qso, God bless, and good D.X But now I will include that and best 75 as well...!!!!

Joe
    W0IW

KA8UGB likes this.
  3. W2HL

W2HL Ham Member QRZ Page

4. W2HL

W2HL Ham Member QRZ Page

I am a ham for 50 years. I remember listening to Christian nets and and they used the numbers 76 to say god bless.
    they would say 73s and 76s to you.
    so I don't know about the new 75. What happened to 76?

5. WB9VPG

WB9VPG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hmmm... can't say I've ever heard of 76. I've got 40 years in, but have been off and on when it comes to HF.

6. KO6KL

KO6KL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

75 = the voice part of the 80 meter band.

7. GI4FUM

GI4FUM Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi guys
    Just found you here;-) I am currently president of WACRAL - The World Association of Christian Radio Amateurs and Listeners. Have a look at our web site at www.wacral.org
    In 2017 we celebrate our 60th anniversary. We will be running GB60CRA (Christian Radio Amateur) throughout the year. We say 501 which I guess is similar to 75 and 76 - see our web site for the story of how we get to 501 ;-) We also run regular nets on all the HF bands.
    Dr David Hutchinson GI4FUM
    Antrim, Northern Ireland

WB9VPG likes this.
  8. KC4LRR

KC4LRR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

9. KB6WHV

KB6WHV Ham Member QRZ Page