ad: Alphaant-1

Ham Talk Live! Episode 250 - Last Man Standing QRT Special Event

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WB9VPG, Mar 10, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. WB9VPG

WB9VPG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The hit TV show "Last Man Standing" is in it's final season, and it's going QRT with a bang! A huge special event will happen later this month with seasoned and well known operators across North America to celebrate the KA6LMS station on the set and its amateur radio club. Executive Producer of "Last Man Standing", John Amodeo, AA6JA, and Special Event organizers Lou Maggio, NO2C and Salli Rosato, K2RYD will be LIVE on Ham Talk Live! to take your calls about this very special, special event.

Tune into Ham Talk Live! Thursday night at 9 pm EST (Friday 0200Z) by going to hamtalklive.com. When the audio player indicates LIVE, just hit the play button!

If you miss the show live, you can listen on demand anytime also at hamtalklive.com; or a podcast version is on nearly all podcast sites a few minutes after the live show is over. Some sites include Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, SoundCloud, Stitcher, Spreaker, TuneIn, Vurbl, and iHeart Podcasts; and it's also available on YouTube.

A replay is also broadcast on WTWW 5085 AM shortwave near Nashville, TN on Saturday nights at approximately 3:30 pm Eastern.

Be sure to CALL in with your questions and comments by calling 859-982-7373 live during the call-in segment of the show. You can also tweet your questions before or during the show to @HamTalkLive.

LMS.JPG Jet with radio.jpg

N4FZ, K0UO, EB1BSV and 9 others like this.
  2. W6DRO

W6DRO Ham Member QRZ Page

Put out a QST to the Yuma Amateur Radio Club Net this morning. Thanks for posting.

W6DRO

IK1NAP, W9YW and WB9VPG like this.
  3. OK9DMR

OK9DMR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks, this is a great article ...
    Michal OK9DMR

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
  4. W6GYV

W6GYV Ham Member QRZ Page

QST sent to SOBARS (South Bay Amateur Radio Society) and The San Diego Six Shooters

W6GYV

5. NN2X

NN2X XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I recall the first show (Last Man Standing )was aired on another network, and due to his political views, they canceled the show, he went to another network, and did very well.

He had a great run (Tim Allen. with Last Man Standing), and now starting another show...( Tool Time!)

Cancel culture did not shut him down, and better yet, he is a Ham operator!

I like this fellow! (I don't watch much entertainment TV but I will take time to watch his (My whole family watched Last man Standing, and now we will support his new TV series (Tool Time). My son KI5FJE (Adam) even likes him

NN2X Tom

KE8OJS, N8ZI, K0UO and 4 others like this.
  6. W6IKE

W6IKE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I put the word out to Net@9 group last night on the Catalina repeater. - Ike - W6IKE

7. KC0EOC

KC0EOC Ham Member QRZ Page

Newest TV show is Assembly Required, check it out, kc0eoc, Bob.

K4SAW likes this.
  8. W6CJX

W6CJX Ham Member QRZ Page

W6CJX Bob I will be on D-Star REF12a on 3/27/21 @ 10am pacific time so please come by and say hello to us.

Attached Files:

9. K7CB

K7CB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The one thing I found somewhat disappointing about the KA6LMS station is that to be a guest operator you had to be either well known in the amateur radio community or a "celebrity" amateur radio operator (i.e. YouTuber) which, to me, seems similar to the "privilege" that so many are protesting against.

10. KB2WVO

KB2WVO Ham Member QRZ Page

iam lost.. tool time was before last man standing.. so not sure how last man ends and starts tool time as you stated above..

11. US7IGN

US7IGN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Was a good first season. For me, the show ended when the actors were replaced. It was unethical.

12. NN2X

NN2X XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You are correct, I meant "Assembly Required"

You got me! / NN2X Tom

13. KB2WVO

KB2WVO Ham Member QRZ Page

i seen that on a utub vid.. showed the girl that is the 3rd on the show... looks like it might be a good show.. i just not get it as all we have here is over the air tv lol .. no cable on pole to even get cable tv lol ..

al looks soooooo sick tho..

14. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Great show, Neal!

15. N5QYQ

N5QYQ Ham Member QRZ Page

“Home Improvement” was the first show, then came “Last Man Standing” and, I believe, “the new shoe entitled “Tool Time” is based on the name of the TV show starring Tim and Al and Heidi within the original “Home Improvement show unless I am mistaken...