ad: QuirkyQRP-1

Ham Talk Live! Episode 235 - New Drake Radio Exhibit

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WB9VPG, Nov 4, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. WB9VPG

WB9VPG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Jay Adrick, K8CJY and Lee Hite, K8CLI from the National Voice of America Museum of Broadcasting will be here on Thursday night to talk about the new, revamped Drake Radio Exhibit now on display at the museum. We'll take a look at the history of the Drake company, some interesting facts about the Drake line, and why this exhibit is a must-see for any Drake fan.

Tune into Ham Talk Live! Thursday night at 9 pm EST (Friday 0200Z) by going to hamtalklive.com. When the audio player indicates LIVE, just hit the play button!

If you miss the show live, you can listen on demand anytime also at hamtalklive.com; or a podcast version is on nearly all podcast sites a few minutes after the live show is over. Some sites include Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, SoundCloud, and iHeart Podcasts; and it's also available on YouTube. A replay is also broadcast on WTWW 5085 AM on Saturday nights at approximately 3:30 pm Eastern.

Be sure to CALL in with your questions and comments by calling 859-982-7373 live during the call-in segment of the show. You can also tweet your questions before or during the show to @HamTalkLive.

VOA - RD Drake Collection.jpg DrakeLogo.jpg

DK7AL, N4FZ, SP5WPK and 6 others like this.
  2. JF1IRQ

JF1IRQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you every time.
    I will watch it from YouTube from Japan.
    Thank you for your continued support.

Do you accept questions on Wires-x?
    Room Number Some?

JF1IRQ

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
    K0PIR likes this.
  3. CE3TMM

CE3TMM Ham Member QRZ Page

gracias, yo trabajo mi tr7 DRAKE, en estos dias solo en fonia

73dx

4. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

A BIG THANK YOU FROM YOUR FRIENDS AT THE

CHICKEN FAT OPERATORS CLUB.

A CFO ROOSTERS LIFE MEMBER SMALL.jpg

5. W2AAT

W2AAT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Good memories... I bought a "C" -Line when they first came out. Had it up until 16 years ago when I relocated to the MB area.. I also had a TR-4C which I ran mobile... GREAT STUFF!!!!!!

WA2LXB and NQ8J like this.
  6. NC8I

NC8I Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

If you go to the Dayton Hamvention make time to go to the National Voice of America Museum of Broadcasting, it is a fascinating tour. I went two years ago and will return.

KD8VRX likes this.
  7. WA2LXB

WA2LXB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Love the ash tray ;)
    Drakeshack1.jpg

NL7W, K0PIR, N6SPP and 2 others like this.
  8. WA2LXB

WA2LXB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Never heard of this one before...Drake Marine Radio

DK7AL, AB7Q, NL7W and 3 others like this.
  9. HB9EPC

HB9EPC Ham Member QRZ Page

Ces appareils nous on tous fait rêver un jour... Heureusement j'ai conservé les miens !

10. WB9VPG

WB9VPG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for listening! I'm sorry, but I don't. It's a one man operation. I do the interviews, run the sound, answer the phones, read the tweets, and read the comments on Spreaker all at the same time. I can't add more :)

Neil WB9VPG

JF1IRQ likes this.
  11. WB9QVR

WB9QVR Ham Member QRZ Page

Seeing the ash tray alongside the old Drake gear reminded me of the first station that I owned as a young Novice. It consisted of the Drake 2C receiver and its companion 2NT transmitter. I purchased the 2C from a local gentleman who was a smoker; unfortunately, I didn't notice until I had it at my house that it reeked of cigarette smoke. Even worse, once I placed the 2NT (which had not been exposed to smoke) next to it I could see how discolored the 2C's front panel was from the nicotine and other smoke byproducts. Much cleaning of the front panel, covers, tubes, transformer and other components followed but many months went by before the smell completely subsided.

Smoke issues aside, I did enjoy using the 2 series 'twins' for a couple of years (even though for most of the time I owned them I could operate only on 7.121 because that was the only crystal I had for the transmitter!) before I could afford something better. My dream station at that time was the R-4C/T-4XC twins but those were a bit out of reach on a teenager's earnings at the time. :)

WA2LXB likes this.
  12. LU9ASV

LU9ASV Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello, my name is Edgardo Riera (LU9ASV) and I have a precious Drake TR-7. Please, could you tell me the youtube link to listen to the recording of the program? Thank you so much! 73 and QRV

13. JF1IRQ

JF1IRQ Ham Member QRZ Page

thank you for contacting.
    Thank you for your continued support.

JF1IRQ

14. K0PIR

K0PIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you for this.

15. K1KTF

K1KTF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Forty Five (plus) years ago my first shack was a Drake 2C and 2NT back when I was WN1SXH. Staying up to the early hours of the morning pulling faint stations from 15m was such a thrill. Got a pic on my QRZ page of that station. Footnote: For the record, the dumbest (and I mean "dumbest") mistake I ever made was selling the 2C/2NT which I regret almost daily to this day. Have a Happy Thanksgiving and 73! Steve-K1KTF (Kilo..1...Keep The Faith).