ad: MLSons-1

Ham Talk Live! Episode 226 - New Kits for CW

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WB9VPG, Sep 2, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. WB9VPG

WB9VPG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Joe Eisenberg, K0NEB returns again with another installment on kit building with some new morse code kits! Join us Thursday night (9/3) at 9 pm EDT (Friday 0100Z) and call in with your questions for Joe!

Tune into Ham Talk Live! Thursday night at 9 pm EDT (Friday 0100Z) by going to hamtalklive.com. When the audio player indicates LIVE, just hit the play button!

If you miss the show live, you can listen on demand anytime also at hamtalklive.com; or a podcast version is on nearly all podcast sites a few minutes after the live show is over. Some sites include Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, SoundCloud, and iHeart Podcasts; and it's also available on YouTube. A replay is also broadcast on WTWW 5085 AM on Saturday nights at approximately 3:30 pm Eastern.

Be sure to CALL in with your questions and comments by calling 859-982-7373 live during the call-in segment of the show. You can also tweet your questions before or during the show to @HamTalkLive.

d07268.jpg morse mask.jpg

KA7CJH, AJ7C and JF1IRQ like this.
  2. N1RBD

N1RBD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

my mask says..
    WHAT PART OF
    ..- .-. - --- ---
    -.-. .-.. --- ... .
    DO YOU NOT
    UNDERSTAND?

GM4JPZ, JF1IRQ and PY2NEA like this.
  3. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

No comment on the mask, Probably get banned if I spoke my mind.

WA9WSJ, WB5PDZ, N7BDY and 10 others like this.
  4. KD7CFM

KD7CFM Ham Member QRZ Page

Then go -.. -..-

5. AJ6KZ

AJ6KZ Ham Member QRZ Page

KB7OM likes this.
  6. KD2PII

KD2PII Ham Member QRZ Page

--- -.-
    -... --- --- -- . .-.

M0AGP and KD5RJZ like this.
  7. W4FID

W4FID XML Subscriber QRZ Page

With the curvature and wrinkles of a mask and how many know Morse code. Looks like an invitation for someone to get in your face. Similar to the woman who has her name on a small name tag and then takes offense if you get close enough to read it because she thinks you are scoping out her breasts. Cute idea on paper but I'll pass in real life.

KD5RJZ likes this.
  8. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

.. ..-. / -.-- --- ..- / -.-. .- -. / .-. . .- -.. / - .... .. ... / -.-- --- ..- .----. .-. . / ... - .- -. -.. .. -. --. / - --- --- / -.. .- -- -. / -.-. .-.. --- ... . .-.-.-

KY6L, W7ATA, AJ6KZ and 1 other person like this.
  9. K2OO

K2OO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

JF1IRQ likes this.
  10. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

Google is a fantastic search tool for questions. 5 seconds shows tee public dot com has it. You're welcome.

WB9VPG, KD7DGK, KB7OM and 1 other person like this.
  11. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't get it. Most hams I know have no worries of people wanting to get close.

WB9VPG likes this.
  12. KA1YBS

KA1YBS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You can work CW with a mask on. With phone, you will get complaints about your audio...

KD5RJZ and AJ6KZ like this.
  13. WA5KM

WA5KM Ham Member QRZ Page

Just a hint- Morse code is not meant to be printed out as dits and dahs, it is primarily an audio language. It's clear that anyone posting a bunch of characters is not a CW Op.

WA7NTL, N6SPP and W4IOA like this.
  14. JF1IRQ

JF1IRQ Ham Member QRZ Page

That's an interesting idea.
    I want it too.
    I could not find it in AMAZON in Japan.

15. W2JTM

W2JTM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That's not S. F. B Morse's view, his original apparatus for receiving was called a register and printed the code on paper. See chapter 7, Lightning Man by Kenneth Silverman. Over time, telegraph operators learned to copy the code by ear.

AC0GT likes this.