ad: QSLWorks-1

Ham Talk Live! Episode 225 - Come and Get Wyoming

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WB9VPG, Aug 26, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. WB9VPG

WB9VPG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thursday (8/27) at 9 pm EDT, R.J., WY7AA will take your calls about the Come and Get Wyoming special event station! If you need Wyoming in your log, here's a great chance to get it!

Tune into Ham Talk Live! Thursday night at 9 pm EDT (Friday 0100Z) by going to hamtalklive.com. When the audio player indicates LIVE, just hit the play button!

If you miss the show live, you can listen on demand anytime also at hamtalklive.com; or a podcast version is on nearly all podcast sites a few minutes after the live show is over. Some sites include Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, SoundCloud, and iHeart Podcasts; and it's also available on YouTube. A replay is also broadcast on WTWW 5085 AM on Saturday nights at approximately 3:30 pm Eastern.

Be sure to CALL in with your questions and comments by calling 859-982-7373 live during the call-in segment of the show. You can also tweet your questions before or during the show to @HamTalkLive.

RJ WY7AA at CFA.jpg Come and Get Wyoming.png

YD4MIU, KO4GSX, IK2ODD and 1 other person like this.
  2. W1MBF

W1MBF Ham Member QRZ Page

I:D need Wyoming for Worked 50 States!
    Great News!

MI0GTA, WY7KY, IK2ODD and 3 others like this.
  3. NX1V

NX1V Ham Member QRZ Page

I saw it after the fact. I've got 6 or 7 stations from WY but apparently nobody confirms

KG7HVR, WA8MEA, WY7KY and 1 other person like this.
  4. AD8BU

AD8BU Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm in pretty much the same position. Wyoming is the only state where I don't have a confirmed contact. (I have two that are unconfirmed.)

Looking at the page for this event, it shows they are planning to upload to LotW. My two Wyoming contacts have confirmed on LotW, but not QRZ.

K3RW likes this.
  5. W1MBF

I have you beat I have 7 unconfirmed, but try try again we will get it eventually!
    40 meters after 9pm is where I have my best luck with way out west.
    Good Luck!:D

6. W1TNX

W1TNX Ham Member QRZ Page

I was in the same boat but you can import LOTW confirmations to QRZ without a membership or any fees. Just not the other way around... There are some helpful videos on YT but it's pretty straightforward.

4Z1KM and AD8BU like this.
  7. WY7BG

WY7BG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I confirm QSOs. Have gotten busy and have less airtime these days, but I try.

KG7HVR, WA8MEA, W1MBF and 1 other person like this.
  8. KE0NRE

KE0NRE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Three of my six WY QSOs confirmed on QRZ.com. That's on par with 48% of US operators who take the time to confirm QSOs here.

K3RW, K3UZ and W1MBF like this.
  9. MI0GTA

MI0GTA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thankfully I have Wyoming in my log.....
    I never thought it would be that difficult to get 50 states.
    Are there any hams in Nebraska and Nth Sth Dakota on ssb phone anymore.

KG7HVR and 4Z1KM like this.
  10. KI5AAI

KI5AAI Ham Member QRZ Page

Tell me about it. I still need NE and ND and I have yet to even talk to someone in those states yet.

W1MBF and MI0GTA like this.
  11. MI0GTA

MI0GTA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Maybe in this coming cycle more will go back to phone and forget ft8.. that is the single worst mode that has wrecked calling on ssb phone.

KI5AAI likes this.
  12. W1MBF

I am Old School, Phone Only...Learing CW soon! :D

K2FI and MI0GTA like this.
  13. K2FI

K2FI Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey Brett! Nice to see you here!

Once we get all the repairs done on our place here in NC, the XYL and I will be driving home to Jackson Hole. I'll be bringing a radio with me and I also confirm on LOTW.

Note that I'm almost entirely CW with a little but of phone. No digital modes at all.

K0PV/SK2023 and W1MBF like this.
  14. K8BBE

K8BBE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I use QRZ as my logbook and to get the conformations on QRZ by attaching LOTW to my QRZ page. I then log both contacts from mu log entry. Works GREAT and easy to use.

K0PV/SK2023 likes this.
  15. KJ7GXL

KJ7GXL Ham Member QRZ Page

Well gents if anyone needs Wy confirmed im always sitting on 10m. My frequency use is limited due to being a Tech but Im always on there calling CQ and my signal always bounces around according to my logbook.

K3RW likes this.