ad: MyersEng-1

Ham Talk Live! Episode 209 - How Hams Can Help COVID-19 Research

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WB9VPG, Apr 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

What evidence do you have for the 'belief' that I am promulgating 'COVID hysteria'?

2. WR2E

WR2E XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Why do I need to validate my beliefs?

WN1MB likes this.
  3. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

WR2E has made a false accusation that I have: "promulgated COVID hysteria".

Jeffrey Bush of Tinton Falls, NJ is the individual who made said statement.

The facts show that my COVID statement on oximeters is backed by physician experience and I, Nathan Cohen, in no way am producing nor promulgating false information, that lacks verifiable origins.

It is understood that promulgation of false information on COVID treatment is a basis for legal criminal action under Federal and (some ) state laws. At no time have I done so, and the public facts corroborate the statements I have made.

I repeat the following reference for a basis of this, and guidance:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/20/opinion/coronavirus-testing-pneumonia.html?smid=em-share

Signed,
    Nathan Cohen W1YW

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    WQ4G and WR2E like this.
  4. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

It is a fair assumption that the FBI and others are monitoring the internet to look for examples of false information that misleads the public on COVID.

Care should be taken to understand the implications of beliefs and opinions on this subject-- that have no basis in fact.

5. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Beliefs and opinions are not illegal in America...yet.

KC2YMO, KC3JH and N8ZI like this.
  6. WR2E

WR2E XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeah, emphasis on "yet".

It's sorta ironic that the article the esteemed Dr. Cohen quoted is also OPINION.

It says so just above the headline!

WN1MB likes this.
  7. N8ZI

N8ZI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The thing is these are not beliefs or opinions exposed here. They are factual evidence from the world's top doctors, biologists, chemists who are not on the Deep State Cabal payroll. Therefore the Cabal will do whatever it takes to keep it silent..... yet they will still fail :)
    At least you are one of the many who's eyes are wide open. Keep up the good work.

8. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

A reminder this is NOT the forum called "Just talking - Politics"

Dave
    W7UUU

N1XES and W1YW like this.
  9. W0PV

W0PV Ham Member QRZ Page

Good point on the pulse oximeter Chip, thanks for bringing it to attention. Readily available (for now), low cost, easy to use.

Since the COVID outbreak started there have been widespread reports of the unusual nature of its sneaky early diffuse pneumonia, masking contagion spreaders and hiding progression until more serious stages. My clinical pro XYL will vouch that early detection and treatment is essential for best possible outcomes.

Taking a baseline is one thing to do with an oximeter, however here is a recent proposal in the med literature that suggests for even better sensitivity in detecting early stage COVID to augment routine readings with a quick test utilizing simple exercises, as has been done previously with other respiratory illnesses.

https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/what-...ests-for-exertional-desaturation-in-covid-19/

Stay well, 73, John, WØPV

[​IMG]

10. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

That is awesome info John!

I think the oximeter use will become mainstream AND common news (like the mask-thing) in the next week.

Th next issue is blood clots. Clearly Corona attacks red blood cells and manifests clotting, and this, apparently, is what causes the hypoxia and suffocation. The question is: do blood thinners have any prophylactic or early therapeutic benefit, such as low dose aspirin at first sign of Corona symptoms? Not known.

11. W0PV

W0PV Ham Member QRZ Page

Scott K0MD is very active OTA, an avid contester (MWA / NCJ) and DX'er (TCDXA) / expeditioner. Ought to be an interesting presentation.

Mayo Clinic leading convalescent plasma treatment for COVID patients - More than 1,600 hospitals have signed on to therapy aimed at helping patients recover more quickly (this treatment is also being tested / used down here in FL.)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    WQ4G and W1YW like this.
  12. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Plasma (blood) donations by recovered Corona patients are an important means of saving those suffering from severe Corona hypoxia. The antibodies in the plasma help combat the virus for these very ill patients.

WQ4G likes this.
  13. AA1PR

AA1PR Ham Member QRZ Page

any one with any intellect knows this whole pandemic is a hoax, the #s are far less than what they are claiming

yes I am saddened by those who have died so far

Thank God Im in VT and live away from society, makes one to want to be a hermit listening to all theses lies & conjecture

so it seems if you listen to this shallow insecure persons live broadcast you can help to save lives, what a crock

seems these kinds of posts that only increase ones youtube revenues ought to be barred for posting, isnt this a form of self advertising, its clearly in the QRZ rules
    capture-20200423-102930.png

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
    W4HM and N8ZI like this.
  14. N8ZI

N8ZI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Amazing to see so many with open eyes on the Zed. Keep exposing the truth and never let the indoctrinated ones knock you down.

W4HM likes this.
  15. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

I am not here to judge anyone. As a scientist I am questioning the value of 'folding' in the Corona virus effort-ecosystem. I am not questioning the effort to help, that many of us have. We are all frustrated by the call to become cavemen and cavewomen.

Corona is a frightening pathogen. The latest being that it can 'curdle' you blood. (I suppose I will again be accused of promulgating 'hysteria' by pointing out that fact--here it is: https://www.foxnews.com/health/blood-clotting-seen-possible-threat-coronavirus-patients )

We just have to see what we can do, now, with the tools we already have, as therapy.

73 and stay well,
    Chip W1YW

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.