ad: Radclub22-1

Ham Talk Live! Episode 206 - Hamvention Cancellation and new QSO Party

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WB9VPG, Apr 1, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. WB9VPG

WB9VPG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thursday (4/2) at 9 pm on Ham Talk Live!, Michael Kalter, W8CI, the spokesperson for the Dayton Hamvention will be here to take your questions about the cancellation of Hamvention and a new event that will take its place this year - the Hamvention QSO Party.

Tune into Ham Talk Live! Thursday night at 9 pm EDT (Friday 0100Z) by going to hamtalklive.com. When the audio player indicates LIVE, just hit the play button!

If you miss the show live, you can listen on demand anytime also at hamtalklive.com; or a podcast version is on nearly all podcast sites a few minutes after the live show is over. Some sites include Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, SoundCloud, and iHeart Podcasts; and it's also available on YouTube. A replay is also broadcast on WTWW 5085 AM on Saturday nights at approximately 6:30 pm Eastern.

Be sure to CALL in with your questions and comments by calling 859-982-7373 live during the call-in segment of the show. You can also tweet your questions before or during the show to @HamTalkLive.

Dayton2020.jpg W8CI.jpg

N3GY, K8RLV and WB8SCT like this.
  2. KA8VNG

KA8VNG Ham Member QRZ Page

GREAT !!!

3. N8ZI

N8ZI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I miss the beautiful ICOM girls that walked the crowds handing out goodies.
    I still have several hats and rain ponchos with the ICOM logo.

W2CSI, N4FZ, K0UO and 1 other person like this.
  4. G4RBH

G4RBH Ham Member QRZ Page

N8ZI
    Why not share a ICOM Hat with me and one of the rain ponchos with the ICOM logo.
    73s Tom

N8ZI and N4FZ like this.
  5. W5HV

W5HV Ham Member QRZ Page

thats a great idea

6. N8ZI

N8ZI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Send me a beautiful Japanese ICOM girl and I will send you several hats and rain ponchos.

7. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

20191210_220555.jpg

W2CSI and N8ZI like this.
  8. WB4OZM

WB4OZM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Excellent photo, they look like from the mid west.. very nice. I'll take a poncho or pin too. I was going to come up from Ecuador for the first time to Hamvention.. and of course Bam, the virus hit. HC5DX

9. W5HLG

W5HLG Ham Member QRZ Page

We were looking forward to coming to accept our award as the 2020 Hamvention Club of the Year. I am fortunate enough to be the Club President this year. Our club is the South Canadian Amateur Radio Society or SCARS for short. No we aren't located in the Great White North as you may think from the name. We are located in Norman, Oklahoma right in the middle of the tornado belt. In fact the National Weather Service Severe Storm Center is located in Norman. Oh the Canadian part refers to the South Canadian river that is the southern border of Norman. If you would like to know more about SCARS please visit our website at W5NOR.ORG. 73