ad: Radclub22-1

Ham Talk Live Episode 204 - Virtual Club Meetings for Social Distancing

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WB9VPG, Mar 19, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. NJ1S

NJ1S Ham Member QRZ Page

Social distancing Hog wash.

2. KO4OL

KO4OL Ham Member QRZ Page

We held our March Club meeting Over the Air and it worked very well. Didn't have background conversations going on while the speaker was trying to talk. I sent the minutes out after the meeting. Will probably do the same thing in April depending on the environment.

3. W4HM

W4HM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Nowadays I seem to hear and see more and more hams communicating through the interweb/cell phones, etc than on the air. I also hear nets on 40 and 20 meters where the ops. only talk only about the neat net logging software they are using.o_O:rolleyes:

4. W1KOM

W1KOM Ham Member QRZ Page

Our club the Stones River Amateur Radio Club did a Youtube Live stream for the meeting in April.
    This allowed us to give some DMR and Winlink training and info as part of the meeting.

5. W9MT

W9MT Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a general question about zoom.us .... My local club tried a video/audio hook up this morning in place of our bi-weekly breakfast here in Tucson, but my Win10 i3 laptop which works great on Skype and Go-to-Meeting in both video/audio mode was muted on audio with zoom.us. I couldn't fix it. I tried all mike choices (2) and was sure the mike wasn't muted. I also looked in the privacy settings for Win10 and it looked like the zoom app for Windows was allowed to access the microphone. Yet, I could confirm during mike test that I wasn't driving any audio on the line graph used for mike testing.

Anybody got any ideas? I sure could use some...

(By the way, the Microsoft standard PC fix..."turn it off and turn it on again", also didn't work.)

Tony (W9MT - Vail, AZ)

6. W9MT

W9MT Ham Member QRZ Page

One last thing...receive audio over the Inter-Webs using zoom was working great.

7. YD2BUZ

YD2BUZ Ham Member QRZ Page

we also from Indonesia have used (zoom) for the prevention of co-19 prevention

8. W9MT

W9MT Ham Member QRZ Page

Sort of figured things out...

Apparently there's an incompatibility between my i3 Acer laptop and the zoom app. As I previously said, both Skype and Go-to-meeting use the laptop's internal camera and mike just fine. Zoom works ok on video and audio receive, but my microphone connection is inoperative.

I borrowed a USB headset and mike combo from my son's stash and it worked great with zoom on this very same laptop. I guess I'll be using that in the future with zoom.

I'm glad you're also doing the virtual meetings in Indonesia to prevent virus spread. I hear Wubei province and Wuhan city opened up too soon, and all at once and infections are again on the rise there. Apparently recovered people heading for the other provinces after the lockdown were reinfected but immune. However they seem to be carriers, like the proverbial "Typhoid Mary".

Everybody stay well....