ad: Radclub22-1

Ham Talk Live! Episode 114 - Hamvention Update with W8CI

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WB9VPG, May 8, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. WB9VPG

WB9VPG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thursday (5/10) at 9pm at HamTalkLive.com, Michael Kalter, W8CI will take your questions about the latest upgrades to the fairgrounds for Hamvention, and have the latest news just one week before the big event! And, we'll preview the Hamvention Eve episode coming up on May 17 when we'll have the latest weather, traffic, and parking information possible before Friday morning (which is still available on the traditional outlets as well)!

Tune into Ham Talk Live! Thursday night at 9 pm Eastern time (0100Z) by going to hamtalklive.com. When the audio player indicates LIVE, just hit the play button!

If you miss the show live, you can listen on demand anytime also at hamtalklive.com; or a podcast version is on nearly all podcast sites a few minutes after the live show is over. Some sites include Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, SoundCloud, and iHeart Podcasts; and it's also available on YouTube.

Be sure to CALL in with your questions and comments by calling 812-NET-HAM-1 live during the call-in segment of the show, or by Skype. Our username is hamtalklive. You can also tweet your questions before or during the show to @HamTalkLive

(Photo of fairgrounds: DX Engineering)

31957864_1646950025401195_4740078160161275904_o.jpg W8CI.jpg Dayton-Hamvention-logo_2.jpg

N8QQE likes this.
  2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Hahah! Avenging that MUD!

(Look closely at the picture).

WB9VPG likes this.
  3. KD4LT

KD4LT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well that work on top of the mud

4. WB9VPG

WB9VPG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

They put it just below the topsoil.

5. KC0IVF

KC0IVF Ham Member QRZ Page

I have my doubts about walking on any kind of solid ground, while looking at the used ham gear outside. Last year was a muddy swamp! I miss solid pavement. If there isn't a vast improvement, this will be my last swap fest in Xenia.

6. KD4LT

KD4LT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Not going this year just moved to Tennessee. I think the bus traffic should be dropped off at the main gate and up being penalized for being a commuter Will be going back next year or the Xenia.

7. KC0IVF

KC0IVF Ham Member QRZ Page

Once again it was another muddy, rainy mess during the monsoon season. The Hamvention needs to be back in some Arena somewhere, instead of a swampy fairgrounds. It should be held during the summer or autumn months when IT ISN'T RAINING ON ALL OF THE SWAP FEST MERCHANDISE. Another Ridiculous Muck-fest. They should be selling rubber boots and raincoats.

W9ANW likes this.
  8. W9ANW

W9ANW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yea I agree, That was terrible flea market conditions.

KC0IVF likes this.
  9. KR3DX

KR3DX Ham Member QRZ Page

I was at Xenia on Friday. It rained a few times, not a big deal. In my opinion, The Greene County Fairgrounds are a HUGE improvement over the Hara Arena. A clean and nice collection of buildings that are staffed by clean and nice employees, vs the trash at Hara. Xenia is a nice, clean, quiet town vs Dayton................not so nice. The quality and variety of the food, and the cleanliness of the facilities and of the people who were handling the food, were tremendously better than what was at Hara Arena. All my opinion, of course. If anyone knows of a better venue than the Greene County Fairgrounds, I'm sure that DARA would love to hear about it.

Last edited: May 29, 2018