ad: UR5CDX-1

Ham Talk Live! Episode 103 - Changes to Hamvention Update with W8CI

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WB9VPG, Feb 19, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. WB9VPG

WB9VPG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thursday (2/22) at 9 pm ET on Ham Talk Live!, Michael Kalter, W8CI, the official spokesperson of the Dayton Hamvention will be here to talk about how the changes are coming along to the Hamvention and the fairgrounds. You can call in with your questions LIVE during the show, and we will preview our Hamvention 2018 coverage.

Tune into Ham Talk Live! Thursday night at 9 pm Eastern time (0200Z) by going to hamtalklive.com. When the audio player indicates LIVE, just hit the play button! If you miss the show live, you can listen on demand 24/7/365.25 also at hamtalklive.com; or a podcast version is on nearly all podcast sites a few minutes after the live show is over. Some sites include Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, SoundCloud, and iHeart Podcasts; and it's also available on YouTube.

Be sure to CALL in with your questions and comments by calling 812-NET-HAM-1 live during the show, or by Skype. Our username is hamtalklive. You can also tweet your questions before or during the show to @HamTalkLive.

Dayton-Hamvention-logo_2.jpg W8CI.jpg Hamvention_2017_Aerial.jpg

K9PLG likes this.
  2. K8UV

K8UV Ham Member QRZ Page

Why use the word Dayton? Should be Xenia. I went in 2017, hope the rains stay
    away in 18 or will stay home. de K8UV SE Michigan

W8LGZ, WX4C, W4KVW and 1 other person like this.
  3. WB9VPG

WB9VPG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

metro Dayton... Xenia isn't real well known.... nor was Trotwood at the old place

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2018
    KD8CGF, W8GRI, WA8FOZ and 3 others like this.
  4. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Hamvention is a focus for a number of ham activities that week, all in and around Dayton,and thus it is all usually referred to as 'Dayton'.

BTW Woodstock was in Bethel,NY, for example, so historical names may not indicate the actual location.

W8GRI, NU4R, WB9VPG and 1 other person like this.
  5. W4KVW

W4KVW Ham Member QRZ Page

As with a lot of Illusions the use of Smoke & Mirrors is very important so don't ruin it for those who have not yet seen the act or they won't be surprised. LOL o_O:):p

Clayton
    W4KVW

6. WA9PWP

WA9PWP Ham Member QRZ Page

[QUOTE="K8UV, post: Why use the word Dayton? Should be Xenia. I went in 2017, hope the rains stay
    away in 18 or will stay home. de K8UV SE Michigan[/QUOTE]

Well, Hamvention IS sponsored by the Dayton Amateur Radio Association (DARA)!
    Paul WA9PWP

K3TEF, N5GAR and K0WJ like this.
  7. W8GRI

W8GRI Ham Member QRZ Page

My 14th year in a row.... I'll miss HARA but I had fun at Dayton-Xenia! They will be there for the next three years and most likely beyond that....

73 Rod W8GRI

KC5JSR likes this.