Ham radio

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by Guest, May 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

well, saturday is the only day I am available.
    i think we can pull it off, run it like a net and keep things neat and we can pull it off

2. VA3SAX

VA3SAX Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll try to get my 20m dipole up into the trees...I was going to do that today but I decided against because of the inpending rain

3. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Impending rain preventing you from putting up a dipole?  You whiny little pantywaist!  Why, when I was your age, I put antennas up when it was 70 below zero and a forty-five mile an hour blizzard!  And I didn't even have gloves...coudn't afford 'em.  Or shoes! Hifalutin' waste of leather. 
    Not only that, but I had to make my very own wire.  Do you know how many pennies you have to CHEW in order to make an 80 meter dipole?
    Boy, these kids sure have it soft today.  "Impending rain"  Eeeesh!

4. KB1NYQ

KB1NYQ Ham Member QRZ Page

i would be net control but my sig is only loud from the midwest to eastern europe. but if i am on the air at the right time on that frequence. i will call a net. if you are going to stop by send me an email. i will try to pull this off.

p.s some one find a good frequency and email it to me.

so who is in

5. KB1NYQ

KB1NYQ Ham Member QRZ Page

oh and how about saturday at 14:00 EST

6. VA3SAX

impeding rain keeping me from field operating...I don't particularly appreciate sitting out in a lawnchair getting soaked while the 600$ radio crackles and smokes ;)

7. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, you get multipliers for that, you know. [​IMG]

8. VA3SAX

phoey...I coulda done it too...it didn't rain all day but now it's time for me to go to work so I guess no more playing for me [​IMG]...oh well maybe I'll get it up tomorrow morning and work what I can b4 work

9. Guest

Guest Guest

rain? some ham
    it would take lightning to keep me from the antenna work, and even if it was .5 miles away, my philosophy is "well, it still didn't hurt me!"
    lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.