ad: vanity

Ham radio to promote Religion

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KC9DAM, Mar 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. AE4FA

AE4FA Ham Member QRZ Page

Some of you may have gotten the idea that I am anti-religion due to a previous post. That is not the case!

However, I have observed through the years that those who demand strict adherance to certain doctrines - and those who comply with the demand - lose the valuable ability of critical thought. The person becomes more of a robot than a person.

We're witnessing a lot of that in the world today. My wife is pretty observant of this too. She sums it up this way: "There are going to be a lot of very surprised people in hell."

2. W0UZR

W0UZR Ham Member QRZ Page

Jesus said in the Bible, "I am the Way the Truth, and the Life. No man comes to the Father except through Me."

So yes, there are going to be a lot of surprised people when they stand before Jesus, and say, "Didn't we make the blind to see in your Name? Didn't we heal the sick in your Name? Didn't we diliver demonds from people in your Name?" And Jesus is going to say, "Depart from Me. I never knew you."

Ask Jesus in your heart and ask him to forgive you of everything,and have a continual relationship with Him. Then you will get to Heaven.

3. KN6Z

KN6Z Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ae4fa @ Mar. 31 2004,16:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">However, I have observed through the years that those who demand strict adherance to certain doctrines - and those who comply with the demand - lose the valuable ability of critical thought. The person becomes more of a robot than a person[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I think people lose the ability to think critically where necessary to cope with reality. If some nonsense belief system is critical for survival, those beliefs are not scrutinized, but critical thinking is still possible elsewhere. People really compartmentalize their thinking amazingly well. I was watching a tv show on the Science Channel, with a long-time friend. It was a skeptical attack on such nonsense as Astrology. Astrology is my buddy's favorite buggaboo. So during a commercial, after lusty, frothy, approval of everything done to pound Astrology into a fine powder, he starts rambling on about something to do with how God has not interfered much in the course of human history. What!!?? That's exactly the same sort of BS that we were just watching on tv. Well, he applies a different standard to that baloney, because he NEEDS it.

4. 9V1VV

9V1VV Ham Member QRZ Page

In the UK and most areas of asia, hams are instructed not to discuss religion, politics or sex on the air. The reason is that it causes argument and misunderstanding. A bit like the Freemasons who are not allowed to discuss these matters in their lodges. Outside the airwaves it should be OK, and I suppose that goes for QRZ as well.

5. W0LC

W0LC Ham Member QRZ Page

As some of the more liberal minded individuals would tell me had I heard foul language on the air, to just &quot;spin the dial&quot;, I would recommend that if his QSL bothers you, toss it in the recycle bin.

I have over the years received some QSLs of naked women, laying in the surf. Yeah, it looks nice, but sure isn't appropriate.

As to religion. You can discuss it on the air if you like, pretty much anything. I try to avoid those discussion and political discussions. It only makes some people mad, upset, etc. because they are 180 degrees opposed to whatever the topic is.

As to being on a QSL card, I have received tracts with cards. I don't mind. If you don't want to read it, you don't have to. I would much prefer someone doing that on the air or via QSL card, then the jerks I hear on 75, 20 and some of the losers that post flames on here. Much less offensive I think.

6. KE4PJW

KE4PJW Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (wc5rr @ Mar. 31 2004,15:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have over the years received some QSLs of naked women, laying in the surf.  Yeah, it looks nice, but sure isn't appropriate.  [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Um, what was that station's callsign again? And what freq. do they hang out on? Did you have to send a SASE? :D

7. W0UZR

W0UZR Ham Member QRZ Page

Read my post up from here and do what it says.

8. KD4AMG

KD4AMG Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG] PRAISE the LORD ! [​IMG]

9. g3ott

g3ott Banned

Keep Religious preaching in church and leave Amateur radio as it is. I want a confirmed contact and not the religious views of the contact.

21st Century and people still think there is a God [​IMG]

10. KC5NYO

KC5NYO Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (g3ott @ April 02 2004)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">....... 21st Century and people still think there is a God[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    It's even worse than you think............ many of us actually &quot;know&quot; there is a God. Sorry to add to your incredulity.   [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.