Ham Radio - The Doublet antenna, QSOs and observations.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KB7TBT, Dec 20, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KB7TBT

KB7TBT Ham Member QRZ Page

Ham Radio - The Doublet antenna, QSOs and observations.

KC8YSO, AF5SB, W1NJC and 7 others like this.
  2. KJ7WT

KJ7WT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am very jealous! I've never heard a ZS on SSB, but every once in awhile I see a station on FT-8, but they never seem to hear me... It looks like your doublet is a pretty good setup! how high was it?

KD2PHM likes this.
  3. KI6NAZ

KI6NAZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Outstanding!

4. ND3U

ND3U Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I run 2 160m doublets, one broadside NW/SE and the other NE/SW. Unfortunately one of the legs of the NE/SW broke off and I have to reattach it but the surviving leg acts like a long wire. I've had excellent reports off of both with very little line loss on transmit. I just wish I had trees that were more than 40-45 feet tall to act as supports.

W3LES likes this.
  5. AB4KA

AB4KA Ham Member QRZ Page

I run a 102' doublet fed with 450 ohm window line. It's an inverted vee and even though the center is only about 20' in the air it works really well for me.

WJ0YFL likes this.
  6. 2E0THT

2E0THT Ham Member QRZ Page

I use a 66ft doublet at about 25ft high,Its quite good but would be better if higher.

7. SV1GRN

SV1GRN Ham Member QRZ Page

Merry Christmas and HNY to all.
    I think doublet is one of the better multiband antennas, I am using one (10-40m) with decent results from qrp to 100W maximum 73

8. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

135' with 4" spaced ladder line at 50' here. I made it from 4" electric fence insulators and tyraps.

A25SL likes this.
  9. N4QNT

N4QNT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

homemade doublet.jpg
    My Doublet antenna system controlled via remote..

KR3DX and A25SL like this.
  10. KC3MIO

KC3MIO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I was ready to build a doublet, but trueladderline had them at good prices and I bought a 125’ 80-10 version. I had a tough time getting it to work properly due to ignorance, but when I squared away the RF and SWR problems it works very well. I hardly ever use my OCF dipole antenna.

BTW, under FAQs on trueladderline, they have Dick Cebik’s article “The All-Band Doublet”, which I recommend to all those interested. He is a SK now, but he was a great technical writer. I learned a lot from that article.

A25SL likes this.