ad: Sussex-1

Ham Radio Shack Tour with Katie WY7YL

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VK7HH, Apr 29, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. KB9HGI

KB9HGI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Alaways a pleasure to see Katie...Can't wait!

2. W2JKT

W2JKT Ham Member QRZ Page

I can't believe the PC is front and center and the radio is off to the side :eek:

3. KD4CXI

KD4CXI Ham Member QRZ Page

Enjoying the interview. trying to find how to log into the live chat.
    Buzz
    KD4CXI

4. KD4CXI

KD4CXI Ham Member QRZ Page

Found it.
    Buzz
    KD4CXI

WY7FD likes this.
  5. NY2G

NY2G Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow! What a wonderful thing. I love Katie and she does a great job promoting HAM radio! Alan - NY2G

WY7FD likes this.
  6. W2VIR

W2VIR Ham Member QRZ Page

W2VIR 73

7. KG8FH

KG8FH Ham Member QRZ Page

8. KG8FH

KG8FH Ham Member QRZ Page

WN1MB..... Why be such a "crankster".... I really enjoyed this Ham's presentation..... She is Happy, Productive, and engaged! We need MORE Happy and engaged Amateur radio operators such as this to further the mission/hobby of Amateur Radio! I view her as excited, enlightened and engaged! AND.... She pays homage to her "Elmers"...… Bravo... I think That WY7YL Exemplifies the best of us! She has found a way to make this hobby (and never forget that that is what this is) a really joyful thing for herself and is willing to spread the fun of it through operating, practice, and education!

VK7HH likes this.
  9. VK7HH

VK7HH Ham Member QRZ Page

thank you for your comments and it was a great pleasure to be able to interview Katie.

10. KB1MM

KB1MM Ham Member QRZ Page

I too am an HRO alum, worked at the Salem, NH store for over 8 years...I started when the store was EGE (anyone remember them?) )and then Bob bought it and it became HRO. I was there almost before the WWW came about. Bob Ferraro and Jim Rafferty were great men, RIP gentlemen. I knew Janet and Chip as well and a bunch of others in the other stores. It was a great place to work but I'm really an Electronics Tech, not a sales guy so I eventually moved on.

WY7YL likes this.
  11. WJ2L

WJ2L Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Katie's story is a good one. Maybe other women will be inspired that they might be able to do the same. When my late wife became Kg4vqg, I was inspired. Indeed we got married after that! Besides that, so much that technology is developed ham ops. Your license can help. List your license on your resume. Ham ops are quite welcome at the hospital where I used to work. Indeed HCA has a series of Amateur Radio stations, one at each hospital as a back up communication in the face of a storm. How many storms have we seen lately?

12. N0AH

N0AH Ham Member QRZ Page

People have the opportunity to do the right thing at the right time.....and not give up their moral compass.

13. KT5OT

KT5OT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

amen to that last sentence!

WN1MB likes this.
  14. W6UXB

W6UXB Ham Member QRZ Page

Well said Sir!

15. DL6BCX

DL6BCX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

On her webside she mentioned: "I am an A-1 operator"
    What does that mean? Americans will know that probably, but I am a German and have no idea.