ad: MyersEng-1

Ham Radio - Quartzfest 2020 Hams of You Tube panel

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KB7TBT, Dec 12, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KB7TBT

KB7TBT Ham Member QRZ Page

Ham Radio - Quartzfest 2020 Hams of You Tube panel

KB7IQ, K0UO and (deleted member) like this.
  2. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I have enjoyed Quartzfest the past 7 years. It has went from a few 100 to 1000 last year!!! Who says ham radio is DOA. Ham Nation has been there since day one.

3. NK9Y

NK9Y Ham Member QRZ Page

With high expectations, I made an attempt at Quartzfest last year. Could see brake lights for the planned exit off of the 10. Figured a wreck to be the culprit. So made the exit on into town. MISTAKE! Some guy with CA tags, in a Prevost conversion bus, planted into a parking spot. Only problem was, he hung the back half of his rig into the street. With one lane blocked (in front of a bar) I had to wait for oncoming traffic to thin out. Had one chance for several minutes, so I took it. Dodged the ole Dodge, like a quarterback breaking through the line. Nearly made it, when a pedestrian darted, and I do mean jogging, from said bar, and into the street. Granted, she did have the right of way, according to the sign at the cross walk, but jogging through parked vehicles, from cover, and into the street?

So back to Wickenburg the truck wandered. The next attempt may happen from across the border, south to north. Or perhaps there just may be a ranch two track path, with an origin somewhere south of New Hope, which could provide several joyful hours of 4WD memories.

4. KD5OM

KD5OM Premium Subscriber

Apparently this Quartzfest Hamfest is the same dates of the huger than huge Quartzsite RV Convention. I've never been but really would like to get there in this lifetime. I've asked this question with no real response in the past, but is there a traveling HF freq RVers like to hang out on? When I'm traveling I always QRV on 14,300 knowing if I have an issue there are plenty on that net that could respond.