ad: M2Ant-1

Ham Radio Periodicals

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N5TTI, Apr 17, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

Not entirely sure, but it doesn't appears so: https://www.arrl.org/qex-subscription-form

It's only bi-monthly, but it's pretty technical. I'd advise picking up a few issues at a ham store if you can first.

2. K4YWZ

K4YWZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

QST, CQ, RadCom, and QRP Quarterly.

Even in a world of instant internet, I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for old-style print magazines. Enjoy 'em while you can. They'll be gone sooner than you think.

WA8FOZ, KE5OFJ and KU4X like this.
  3. KU4X

KU4X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Another vote for QRP Quaterly. Always a good read.

Regards,
    -Bruce

NN4RH likes this.
  4. K4PIH

K4PIH Ham Member QRZ Page

I believe they do. Yes it's a great magazine so learning a little German might be a good idea :)

The magazine put out by the RSGB (Radio Society of Great Britain) is also a good read.

Expand your horizons.

5. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I still am and always will be receiving QST. CQ? I was tempted to get a digital subscription the other day. Looking at one of their issues online it did seem better than the magazine has been for a long while. I'm still wavering, however. QEX, I've never gotten. I still miss Ham Radio and also the 73 Magazine of its glory years.

6. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

You have to be a member of ARRL, and automatically get QST in the U.S whether you like it or not. In such a case, such as QEX, you can subscribe (and with additional fee) which is issued every other month .

7. N5TTI

N5TTI Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh I know, I miss the 73, and Ham Radio magazines.
    QRP Quarterly is a new one, will make sure to look that one up.
    Thanks to those that mentioned RSGB's RadCom, I couldn't think of the name of it.
    Isn't there also another British publication for QRP? I've called myself googling, but can't seem to find it.

8. K4KYV

K4KYV Subscriber QRZ Page

N5TTI said:
    I'm looking for something a little more hands-on, and in-depth.

Detailed technical articles and construction projects used to appear monthly in QST. For many years, a small but vocal percentage of readers had whinged and whined that QST was "too technical". Finally, around 1980 the League caved in and created QEX which requires a separate additional subscription, where most of the in-depth technical articles now appear, leaving QST largely full of non-technical fluff and "human interest" content, plus stale news and of course, the ads.

9. KB9BVN

KB9BVN Ham Member QRZ Page

QST is the only one I get now....one more year...OH and QRP Quarterly...the magazine from the QRP Amateur Radio Club International. http://qrparci.org

Never cared for CQ...but thats just me. I miss Wayne and 73...I miss Pop Comm even though the stuff they printed was recycled crap from 2 or 3 years ago. Was a subscriber to Radio Electronics when I was a kid...it's gone.

10. KB9BVN

KB9BVN Ham Member QRZ Page

SPRAT

The magazine/newsletter of GQRP - and it is wonderful

N6ALT likes this.