Ham Radio Myths

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KB7RKY, Nov 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. N4ZN

N4ZN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

When there's not much to know, it's easy to be a know it all. And as with everything else these days... if it excludes anyone, regardless of reason, it's politically incorrect. It's also taboo to bear description, or display any behavior, or apparent possession of knowlege or ability , that will make you stand out from the generic cookie cutter mass production automatons. Doing so will bring you under fire from the sentinals of the matrix.

2. N4ZN

N4ZN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

matress I loaded up a 150 watt light buld on 40m and had a QSO.... so, why not a matress? FACT

lotsa watts dunno.... so many things cause cancer, or maybe it's inhereted... too many variables.

fluorescent light up a few myself... without direct contact. FACT

Vail FACT

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Myth or Fact ?
    You tell me :

When we get older, radio's seem more complicated and the frequency readout shrinks in size ??
    Howard

4. vk4jaf

vk4jaf Guest

The myth that there is intelligent life and caring people in goverment agencies.

Adrian
    VK4JAF

5. K4JF

K4JF Ham Member QRZ Page

Adrian, that is not a myth. But they are extremely rare and, for the most part, against the rules.

6. KI4BF

KI4BF Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG] The test for a real ham is how he or she conducts themselves while on the air, either CW, phone or whatever mode.

KI4BF

7. Guest

Guest Guest

what a great set of posts and comments,
    please excuse me while i nip out and slit my wrists,
    howard

8. N3EG

N3EG Ham Member QRZ Page

Myth: "Path Loss" is the reason that a line-of-sight 432 MHz signal is 9db weaker than a line-of-sight 144 MHz signal on quarter wave vertical antennas.

I say it's because of the size difference of the antennas.

And just for the off-topic crowd:

Myth: Technicians will never upgrade.

Busted: Did it in 1975.

9. K4JF

K4JF Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't do that, Howard. Then I'll never get my "whiskey every morning". :eek:)

And your comment about Americans objecting to others posting here is a myth... only a few disturbed ones do.....

VY 73

Jim

10. GI0NWG

GI0NWG Ham Member QRZ Page

It's not *one* of the essentials.... it is *the* essential supply on a DXpedition [​IMG]

Andrew GI0NWG/AC6WI
    (and ZL9CI and FT5XO)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.