ad: ProAudio-1

Ham radio mic with boom arm and DIY Hand PTT for less then $60 !

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VA2PV, Apr 1, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. VA2PV

VA2PV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

In this video, I demonstrates how to get for less then $60 a ham radio microphone with a boom arm and DIY (do it yourself) hand PTT. If you like please subscribe! 73 Pascal VA2PV

[​IMG]

2. KB4MNG

KB4MNG Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for taking your time to share this. I occasionally hear guys talk about these cheap mics sounding really good. Radio shack use to sell a really good one under $30.

I run vintage equipment, so all my stuff is Heil or a mic matched to the radio.

VA2PV likes this.
  3. VA2PV

I have a PR-20 on my TS-990 and my friend has the Behringer XM1800S on his, we used the same config. He actually copied my setup ;-) and he's getting better audio report then I? So for the price this microphone is very good, it perform very well for ESSB as well. 73 Pascal VA2PV

4. KX1G

KX1G Ham Member QRZ Page

Pascal, I am trying to figure out how to configure a Behringer C-1 mic with my TS-990. The mc came with a HEIL iCOM XLR to 8-pin female connector cord that comes out of a +48v phantom power box (the mic needs the phantom power). I would think an ICOM to Kenwood adapter cable (8-pin to 8-pin) would work, but I am concerned about the +48 voltage. I am probably missing a few other concerns, but not very experienced with ICOM radios or Behringer mics. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

5. VA2PV

Hi Tony, well the 48V should stay on the MIC side and it should not go into the radio, it's probably the case if this cable was used on an Icom radio. This type of MIC need something in between the radio, like a small mixing console or maybe the box you talk about. Icom MIC wiring is different of the other 2 major brand, you can connect XLR mic into your Kenwood and Yaesu radio's directly (except for MICs with phantom power, 48V) but not Icom, you need to install a capacitor to protect your radio, you will find the value with a Google search. If your cable was used with an Icom rig, there's probably no 48V on the radio side but a capacitor is probably installed and you probably need to remove it, but be careful to not remove a part that prevents the 48V for going into the radio. Test it with a Volt meter before plugin it into your radio. I'm sorry I'm not very useful, please be careful but I'm sure you can make it work. 73 Pascal