ad: UR5CDX-1

Ham Radio Is Tired, Old, and Sick

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KF5LJW, Jan 30, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

There is a chick-fil-a or Gus's Chicken to go rather McD.
    The cost of parking in Atlanta is nuts.

2. W9RLG

W9RLG Ham Member QRZ Page

All I can say about Atlanta is don't go to the Pilot truck stop on the west side off of 285 if you want to keep your car in one piece, especially if you stop over nite!! Lot of crime in that area!!

Bob

N1ART likes this.
  3. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Gus's? OK! Chick Fil-A? Tastes like deep fried cardboard to me. :)

N1ART likes this.
  4. N1ART

N1ART Ham Member QRZ Page

Pretty neat, how many watts? Plenty of talk on UHF/VHF repeaters and HF up here in NYC/NJ area!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    KC8VWM likes this.
  5. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

I still prefer it to McD but rarely eat there. If I'm going to eat "fast food" and I try not too, usually I'll eat Gus's if I have time or sushi from Kroegers or Sprouts. It isn't bad sushi either:)

6. K2LCK

K2LCK Ham Member QRZ Page

the closet to a radio club in my HS was the audio visual guys.....ran the movie projectors,etc

7. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

From the closet? Man, I love typos! ;)

8. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

There are all kinds of great places to eat here. It's a foodie heaven. That's just not one of them, to me anyway. Obviously some people like it so they can have it. ;)

9. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yep. I went to a Chick Fil-A for the first time last year here in CO. It was so busy I could hardly get inside the place. What a disappointment. It was OK, but I wouldn't go out of my way. I just don't get the appeal.

W4NNF likes this.
  10. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hm, I think Chick Fil-A is delicious. Never even heard of, much less eaten at, Gus's. Zaxby's is the other main chicken chain fast food here.

I mostly only eat fast food when traveling and grabbing something along the road though.

NL7W likes this.